"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, June 21, 2015

So, are you any good at Texas Hold'em? Dancing with the Stars? Sunday Stealing time....

First of all, Happy Father's Day going out to all our friends and family!




Get It All Down Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.  
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!
  
Stolen from: My Random Randomness

1. Are you a good dancer?
I'm only an OK dancer.  I love, love to dance but I'm only passably good at it.

2. Are you a good singer?


I thought I might like to be a singer when I grew up.  I started singing solo, on stage, when I was a third grader and sang all the way through to my forties or fifties- mostly folk and Country. with a guitar.  I had to give it up when I got Pneumonia, first, then broke my wrist.  I've given most of instruments away to my daughter who plays three different stringed ones.

3. Are you a good cook?
My kids think I was, when we got together for meals a few years ago.  It was something I really did enjoy doing, and I put some effort into being good at it.  I loved most to bake.

4. Are you a good artist?
That is what I really thought would be my career, as a portrait and landscape painter.  I particularly love Oil Painting and seascapes.

5. Are you a good listener?
I'm a better listener than a talker. Listening is more important than talking, to me.  So many people need to tell their stories.  Talk it out, you know?

6. What's your favorite clean word?
I like the sound of the word, "slice" and always answer with that.  

7. What's your favorite swear word?
It must be the word, "Hell".  I have a hard time not saying it at times.  It can just roll off the tongue with such ease.

8. What's your least favorite word?
Swear word or regular word?  I hate to hear, or see, the F word.  

9. What was the last film you saw?
We just watched, "St. Vincent".  I don't know why it had a PG-13 rating, but then there's so much I don't understand about the movie rating system.  On the whole, it was a great story and Bill Murray was magnificent!  It has a great cast, and the little boy who played Oliver should get a nomination if he didn't.

10. What football team do you support?
Meh.  American Football?  Meh..  I resent paying for new stadiums for these multi millionaire owners.  Let them eat cake, and stay the Hell- there's that word!- away from the Public Loaf of Bread.

11. Have you ever been bobbing for apples?
No way José!  I could tell from a very young age that sort of thing was just not very wise to do.

12. What's your most expensive piece of clothing?
A white Blazer

13. What's the last thing you took a picture of?
The book on this blog.  I can not keep up with so many deadlines now that there are both brick and mortar libraries and kindle libraries.  It feels like an embarrassment on riches.  I love it!

14. What's the last thing you drew a picture of?
A seashell or one of the abstracts.  I don't remember.  I'm trying hard to get my shoulders back.  If this new exercise works you will hear the knitting needles again.  A YouTube of them!  A crescendo of needles!!; then I'll start drawing again!  

Source dug out of Pinterest.. gah
Now, there's a job and a half!


15. Have you ever bought anything from eBay?
No.  I've bid on a few things but have a low tolerance for overpaying for anything.  A dozen Tea cups and saucers went up over 125, and I bailed.

16. Have you ever invented a fairly unique meal or drink?
No, I like to cook but I'm not a chef be any means.  It's just fun to cook, and to bake.  Drinks?  Never tried it.

17. Do you have any secret family recipes?
There is no secret to the family's recipes, maybe the making of olives?  But I did invent (meaning I came up with it by myself) a way to cut a cake layer through the exact middle (in half )with no sweat.  It's the same way you cut a thousand year old egg in pieces in Chinese cooking but only applied to a cake layer.  Works fabulously. 
 
Look Yummy?

11 comments:

  1. I would love to sit and listen to YOUR stories. Every week I read your answers and think you have surely led an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy. I plan to tell more of them as soon as the photos are all organized. That will happen soon. We got the slide projector fixed! This blog sort of got to be a journal experience when knitting faded out.

      Delete
  2. I went through a slight knitting lull but now that I'm on vacation, I'm going to knit up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kwizgiver. It's so good to hear whenother knitters get themselves back up and knitting. I'm encouraged by your enthusiasm returning. Happy knitting this summer!

      Delete
  3. I hope that you'll get your shoulders back soon. I'd love to see someone of your landscapes (artwork).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Karen, and thank youfor you kind words about the shoulder problems. I'm doing something called the Codman's Exercise, and it seems to be working out the problems of bunched up muscle strands, Dr. Codman first used it in the 1940's. About art work, I've put drawings here and a couple of seascapes but darned if I can find the painting! The drawings can be found, most of them, by a search.

      Delete
  4. Cutting a cake layer like that is hard to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harriet. I use sewing thread and wrap the ends of a long enough piece to slide through the cake layer. Wrap it around your index fingers - like floss ( which is too heavy to cut the cake so don't use that) and be sure the two ends are equidistant from the table top where the cake layer sits. Tighten up the thread and it will, with a little jiggling, go through the cake layer like a hot knife through butter.

      Delete
    2. The key is to keep the tension on, and make sure you have it level, and at the right height. I've used this method since the 60s

      Delete
  5. I am sad you broke your wrist and stopped playing guitar. I love to play my guitar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Country Dew. I'm glad that you can still play and sing. I'll take my comfort in that. The world needs it's guitar playing singers. It keeps this place sane, eh?

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..