"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, July 27, 2015

Music Monday: Van Morrison, "Sail into the Mystic". Janis Joplin: "Ball and Chain", And Pink, "Me and Bobby McGee"

I love to hear him sing this:
Van Morrison



The amazing Janis Jopland, "Ball and Chain".  The real thing.



She was only a couple of weeks younger than I am, and Part of my generation.  She had her sound, and she put it out there, and lived right out on the edge, too.  Rest in Peace Janis.

Mr. Z and I saw her, once, in concert in a smallish venue.  She was the real deal -a hot, gutsy all out blues singer right to the end.  No camp and no crap.

I like Pink, too.




2 comments:

  1. Yesssss. "Into the Mystic" is just ...... can't really find an adjective to do it justice.... fantabulous doesn't even come close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beyond words to describe isn't it. To me it's a little like the feeling one gets when stepping into a warm sea at sunset. Let your Body go, let your mind roll on....

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..