"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday Stealing: Shout Out the Answer!


Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!

Shout Out The Answer Meme

Stolen from: My Random Randomness

Do you shout out the answers at the TV while watching quiz shows?
Ummm.. I don't watch them, ever....

Do you get over-involved with TV or movie plots at times? 
Ditto the above for TV.  Movies?  Yes.  Nail biting, saying, "Oh Geez, look behind you, you dolt!" Sometimes Mr. Z says, "You do know this is fictional, right?"

What's the highest hill or mountain you've ever climbed? 
Mt. San Gorgonio, before it became a Wilderness area, with my Collie Shadow.  I forget how tall that Mountain is but it's the tallest one in the lower half of the State.  Also, it has a gentle side, which we climbed, and a not so gentle side for those who wish to risk life and limb.  

Do you have a piggy bank?
 Not any more.  Oh wait.  There is one on top of the filing cabinet in here.

What's the fastest you've ever traveled in a car? 
120 mph.  I was driving.  What a rush!  That was when cars still had 400 cubic inch engines.

Could you ever hand milk a cow?
 Oh course.

Which was your favorite science? Biology, Physics or Chemistry?
Geology

Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise) 
Yes, it was awful to be blindsided like that.  But bless my in laws for making me feel special that night. 

Have you ever warn clothing with the labels/tags still attached? 
Oh no, never.  That's too much risk taking for me.  I really like to be invisible most of the time.

Have you ever slipped on a banana skin?
 No, but I have slipped on ice but who hasn't?  I was five months preggers with my first child.  And, yes, it hurt to do an almost "splits".

Are you scared of the dark? 
I LOVE the dark.  Well, I used to until eyesight faded to non-native American levels.

Do you have a lawyer? 
Only when we need one.

If you had a paid year off, what would you want to do? 
Since I'm retired, I'd take all the money and put a big down payment on a house in, or around, Santa Cruz.

How long did you last phone call last? 
Maybe five minutes.  It was to a business.

Have you ever helped someone across the road? 
Yes.  A poor lady got trapped - she was in a wheelchair - in the middle of a wide street.  She was halfway down off the center curb and the light changed.  I was crossing the other way, kittycorner, and saw her, and so, I crossed in front of a big truck - lots of arm waving - and cleared the way, certain of everyone's eye contact, and brought her the rest of the way across.  
It was a cloud nine experience.......

Have you ever been wolf whistled in public?
I'm so not the type to be whistled at.  So, the answer is no.  I was once involved in some Cat calling, but I was with my redheaded friend.  It was for her I'm sure.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh goog ole cat calls. I think personally MY red headed friend is welcome to them. I prefer being the DUFF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweetie, I know what it means. We ignored it because, in truth, it is all you can do, unless you have a weapon of mass destruction, like a laser sword, hidden in your overcoat. hehe

      Delete
  2. Your rescue sounds hair-raising. But good for you for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lady's eyes were reward enough. I'm glad I was there at the right place at the right time. I think we are all here to act when it needs to be done; we are put in the way of the need to do something. Rescue can sometimes be just a timely smile or words of encouragement, too. So many people say that this book or that person's words changed their lives. Keep writing CountryDew. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe how expensive the real estate is in California. The homes are small compared to the Midwest too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Housing is horrid. Even the rents are so high that they can consume a family's hopes. It's all greed driven, which is why most people don't get help, even from a humane government, to buy houses. Why keep feeding the sharks?
      And yes, houses here are smaller than the Midwest. Land costs more also, which is understandable if it's within five miles of a coastline but not if it's in the middle of, say, Temecula, which is at the desert edge.

      Delete
  4. You little speed demon!! Actually, that's awesome. I'd love to get my hands on an old muscle car and let 'er rip.

    How nice of you to help that woman. So many would just act like they didn't see. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, I really miss those muscle cars. But I'd take a Lamborghini. ;-)
    And Stacy, you know those moments when you just know you were someplace for a reason? That was one of them. I'm glad when I'm not lollygagging through life ALL the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..