"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Friday5 on Sunday, And Sunday Stealing, too!

Friday 5 for January 8: Slow

HERE'S a link to this fun Meme!  I missed picking it up on Friday because I was lazing about and reading.


Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

1. What’s something you make that takes a really long time to cook?
A pot roast.  I brown it, and then slow bake it, covered, with aromatic vegetables and herbs for hours and hours because then it's extremely tender and moist.  This is a heat the house in winter sort of thing.

2. Of books you’ve completed, which took you the most time to get from beginning to end?
And Ladies of the Club, and A Suitable Boy are probably tied for that honor.  Those books are long and they are both worth it.  If Jane Smiley's new trilogy were in one book, it would be longer, I reckon.

3. What’s a movie that seemed much longer than it was?
"Waiting for Godot".  It was a movie made from the stage play.  I thought it would never end.
All of it was filmed on a stoop in Brooklyn.  Oh my G__ what a snorer that was.  But, it was "Art" and we stuck it out.  

4. Who was your partner for your first slow dance?
Mr.Z.  I was 19, and we'd just met.  It was like something out of a movie (a good movie), and it didn't last long enough. But then we danced and danced and danced that night.  And he made it possible to "break away" from Psycho Dad who threw me out of the house in a drunken rage!   Talk about Drama Queens  Kings!  




5. What decision are you dragging your feet toward making?
Selling off my two centrifugal casters, and all the stuff that goes with them.  I'll be admitting that it's an era that's come to an end.  But, happily, I can still knit and run a sewing machine.  There is that.  And I have lots and LOTS of thread, too, and other small craft junk.  Totally rich feeling, this.....

Thanks for participating, and have a wonderful weekend!


And now for something completely different.



January 9, 2016



Why Do You Want To Know That Meme, part three


Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.  

Cheers to all of us thieves!!!  CLICK HERE to play


Why Do You Want To Know That Meme, part three

Stolen from: Love me some surveys


50. What do you spend most of your money on? 
Food, utilities, gasoline and upkeep on the vehicles, Doctor bills, and of course, our doggie.

51. Would you rather visit the past or the future? 
Can I visit them both at the same time?  Please?  It would be sort of, I don't know, Trippy?


SOURCE

52. Favorite clothing store? 
I like the Goodwill, to be honest.  Well, Ross and TJMax, and Marshall's are sort of (makes funny hand motions) in there together for second place.

53. What is the best advice you can give to those who are feeling down? 
I'd tell them to count their blessings, and if they don't think they have any, I'd be sympathetic, but I'd tell them to think, instead, about the refugees struggling to "get out of Dodge" before the bombs fall or disease kills their little kids.

54. How often do you think about your future? Does it scare you? 
My future is out there where it's always been, though, like every human, I know I have to die.  Only the possible terminal pain scares me.  I'm not afraid to die.  My sister once said, and I think she is right, that dying was the easy part.

55. What angers you the most? 
That the human race is still fighting to the death over religion, money, territory, and that greedy people use fear against every one else, and they do it all the time.

56. When was the last time you got majorly angry? 
I'm reading a book called, The Wrong Enemy.  It makes me mad that whoever is orchestrating this farce is still out there, doing it.  And who has paid the price?  The Afghanis.

57. When was the last time you got really sad? 
Read question 56.  

58. Are you good at lying? 
No.

59. What foreign language would you like to learn? 
Ok, I'll pick Pashtu this time.  I'd like to read what they have to say about all this crap that's going down in their country because no one had any brains in the European nations to see this thing coming!  See, that qualifies this sentence as the last time I was angry. (see answer 56) 

60. How many languages can you speak and what are they? 
I can't speak them anymore (French and Spanish). English is my native tongue.  I can understand a lot of the other two but can no longer speak them.  Read, yes. speak no.  I can sort of  muddle my way through a little Italian.  It's something in the dna -the bad stuff from PsychoDad who could read, speak and write five languages.  The guy was as mad as a hatter but a great linguist.

61. How often do you go to parties? If you don’t, what do you do instead? 
I go to two parties a year, and that's enough for me.  The rest of the time, I don't go to parties.

62. What books do you plan to read this year? 
The rest of Jane Smiley's books, there are about three, and whatever else I've bought but haven't finished because of time- or revulsion.  I only read revolting things that I've bought if they are non fiction.  Non-fiction is sort of like that.  Fiction you can just ignore, sell on ebay, or chuck into the library sales.

63. Do you have breakfast every morning? 
Yes.  I call it the meal that I get chocolate with.  Chocolate is a food like any other, and best eaten in the morning, unless you want to take a lot more things to help you sleep at night.  I don't.  Do you?

64. Tell us a secret. 
But that would be telling!  I should tell you one of my secrets?  Idon'tthinkso...

65. How many concerts have you been to? 
Maybe thirty all told, classical, jazz, Rock, etc.  Actually more probably.

66. Last hug? 
This morning.  Mr.Z came home from the gym.

67. Who knows you better than anyone else? 
Mr. Z.  He knows all my secrets.  I am not telling them to anyone else.  Don't beg.  Don't do it.

68. Baths or showers? 
I like to take showers but like baths, too.  Singing in the rain ain't that bad either.  If I lived where there was a monsoon season, it would be nice to wash everything in the rain, yes?

69. Do you think you’re ambitious? 
No.

70. What song is stuck in your head? 
My head is finally totally Silent!  Don't you dare whistle a happy tune, either!  I'll have to hunt you down and duct tape your mouth shut.  Do you understand me?  ;o)

71. Countries you’ve visited? 
Mexico.  It used to be nice there.  I miss it.

72. What do you most value in your friends? 
Honesty, and also a sense of humor;  there's that matchless ability to have courage to go on when live slaps them down thinga, too.  + Guilelessness.

73. What helps you to sleep better? 
Holding my dear Mr. Z's hand.  And some herbals and a pharmaceutical.  Lol! 

74. What is the most money you have ever held in your hand? 
Probably a hundred dollar bill.  I've never even SEEN anything bigger than that.


75. What makes you nervous?
Questions like those here... This totally FREAKS ME OUT!  Actually I don't like to hear growling in the dark when we are camping, either.

12 comments:

  1. i too can understand languages better when reading but when it coms to speaking, i get all mixed up! :P

    and i'll try not to hum TOO loudly. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thank you for soft humming. Lol. As to languages, yes, I get all mixed up; three of them have such similar verbs, for instance. It's mind boggling, I tell you!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, you are in rare form today, Zip. I love it!

    You made me hungry with that very first question about pot roasts. I have been craving a good roast and am actually planning to head out this morning to the meat market to see what I can find.

    Loved hearing about your first slow dance with your knight in shining armor. :)

    I think I'd have to agree that dying is the easy part of this journey we're on.

    Chocolate for breakfast? Sign me up!!

    Have a wonderful week, Zippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Signed you up!
      Hmmm, I made myself hungry too! Hope you found the perfect roast.
      And yes, Mr Zee is still my Knight, so he is.
      Have a great week Stacy! I just got back from PT. I'm resting now and catching up here.

      Delete
  3. I shared a secret because it's not a big deal to me anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet yours are more share worthy than mine are Kwizgiver. ;-)

      Delete
  4. I can't help myself here: Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk with you again. Because a vision softly creeping, left its seed while I was sleeping, and the vision that was planted in my brain ... still remains ... in the Sounds of Silence.

    Now you can hit me with a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will as soon as that ear worm stops. Lol. All the nice one go away sooner. Have you noticed? ;-) Just don't do, "Black Dog" please!

      Delete
  5. Like you, I was just so happy to not have a song circling my head...and now CountryDew has dumped one in there. :\ lol

    I agree that dying is the easy part. And that we non-Afghanis should just get OUT already.


    Also, not related to your answers, I absolutely LOVE your quotes below your header. Perfect--I needed to see those words today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to figure out a way to get even for that,eh? Hee hee
      And, unfortunately, we can't leave Afghanistan anytime soon. Just so we stop the Pakistanis, whose trouble making our government virtually ignored til recently despite many warnings from thither and yon. What a mess..

      Yes, the dying is the easy part. It's like blacking out.
      And, glad the words helped. I read them all the time and was about to add another line but forgot what it was. Lol. Senior moments....

      Delete
  6. What a fun Meme :-) You always make me laugh.
    I'm going to go and find out what a centrifugal caster is now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the thieves have so much fun, as do the 9ers and the 5ers. I like the WWers, but they are so strict! *wink*
      About the casters: one is a big clunky piece of machinery, but knowing your amazing net skills, I know you've found everything there is to know about both of them. :-) actually there might be 3 of them around. ¿Hmmmm?
      Delete

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..