"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday Stealing: Why aren't there emoji ponies?

First,  before anything else, to all the Saturday 9ers:
Helene Verin  said, "Build a closet, and the junk will come."
That is a quote taken from an interview of Mz. Verin on, "Small Space, Big Style"

A note to countrydew:  it worked like a charm!  Thank you so much!

April 2, 2016

212 Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!

Survey 212 Meme

Stolen from: i take surveys


Is your birth year an odd or even number?: Even numbered.  

Which one of your friends is the most outgoing?: non-net friends?  Jim, a Rockhound, and someone who acts like he's my big brother, just teasing me all the time.

Have you eaten any of your favorite foods today?: Yes, chocolate, a pear, and an orange.

When did you last find yourself in an awkward situation?: A couple of days ago I got a call from a DD, who kindly told me my texts were a little overwhelming.  I saw what she meant and stopped it. 

When was the last time you ignored, or went against, someone’s advice?:  I didn't take a doctor's advice when she wanted me to take a new and improved medicine.... again.  That hardly ever happens though.  I'm usually a good patient, and I have a wonderful doctor.

What happened?: I stayed with a medicine that has a three thousand year old record of helping the problem and has no side effects.  That is very BIG in my book!!

How many different towns/cities have you lived in?:  Nine

When was the last time you had Nutella?: I've never had any but it sounds good.  Isn't there something from Australia that is similar?  I think I'd love to try that, too.  It's Vegemite.  Yes, I'd try that and Brown sauce from England, too.  

Who is your favorite character in“The Big Bang Theory”?:  I think I like Amy the best.  She's so bloody patient with that dreidel-headed boyfriend of hers.  No, that's not a typo.  He just reminds me of a square toy that is wobbling out of balance a lot of the time. But when he sits down with her, and they have an intimate talk about his fears and feelings, it's very sweet and tender.  

What are your parents’ middle names?:  I won't even tell you MY middle name.  Is this one of those trick questions that over time, and collation, fill out a complete web-based dossier on a person?  *peeks behind computer for "little man".  It's always a man, isn't it?

Name someone with a sexy sounding voice.: Almost any Baritone opera star qualifies, you know that..

Are your eyes the same color as your sibling’s?:  Yes, but to varying degrees.  Mine are lighter- a cinnamon color- than my sister's or brother's.

How many pets do you have? Would you like any more?: I have five pet California Desert tortoises and darling Wolfie.  I would like two more dogs, a red and white that look like Wolfie, and a howler monkey.

Is there a song you can’t stop listening to atm?:  I can stop listening to any song now that I'm not a teenager anymore.

Is there a song that you’re fed up of hearing?: No.  that's because I know how to turn off any noisy device in the house or car, which is spewing obnoxious musical noise.  The deafening car mounted boomboxes that you get stuck with in traffic are the only form of semi-musical annoyance on the street.  But they aren't songs.  

Did you have a strange or interesting dream last night?:  No, not last night.  

Name 3 things that are in your refrigerator atm.:  Greek Yogurt, carrots, and cranberry juice.  Yummmmm, huh?

Which friend do you confide in most?:  That would be telling.  

What was your most recent reason for smiling?  a text from Gee, with little hearts.  I love hearts.  and ponies but the geniuses who made emojis didn't include them.

16 comments:

  1. I hope my texts aren't annoying! I send out inspirational ones every morning! Love love love you!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maire, and I'm sure your texts are fine. We just have an awful situation to navigate and the waters are so new. Lots of love back! Take care of yourself!

      Delete
  2. I haven't had Greek yogurt in ages, and I think I just found a coupon in the week's food section. So thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome,of course! We make veggie dip with it sometimes, too, and have that for dinner.

      Delete
  3. Nutella is NOTHING like Vegemite!! One is sweet and chocolatey, the other is vile and disgusting, unless you're British of Australian. I also had to laugh at your text answer about your texts being overwhelming. On my iPad your print is tiny and difficult to read, whereas on my desk top it's large and very clear. Reading it on my iPad I read "texts" as "teats."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teats! Hahahaha! Thank you for the great laugh.
      Ok, no Vegemite, but definitely try Nutella. Check!
      When using the iPad I check desk top option which helps some. Plus the view can be expanded to see better. It's still tough going. Lol

      Delete
  4. My son gets mad at me for using emoji's in my text messages. I guess that guys just don't like them or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would guess especially not the hearts or flowers, Harriet. Lol.
      I was sending unhelpful pictures like random Kittens, puppies- hallmark sorts of tripe. Really, I saw the point right away. :-/

      Delete
  5. I have an iPhone 6 and it has pony/horse emoticons that I can sent people in texts. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, I have a unicorn head, horse's head, and a galloping race horse.
      Darn! I need a new phone! ������
      Let's see if those three "go through" or get garbled.

      Delete
  6. I probably use too many emojis. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no such thing as too many emoji. Heehee the iPad can put them up but the Google won't give them a pass. We need to talk to The Google!

      Delete
  7. I really need to get a phone I can text on. I think it would make a difference in my world. At least a little bit. And you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a blessing, your advice!
      And, yes, get a new phone that you can text on.
      It helped me stay sane when I was in the hospital two years ago this time of year. April Fool's Day was so fun with my nurses and Dds. Go for it!

      Delete
  8. No, no, NO! DO NOT EAT VEGEMITE! My daughter brought some back from her trip there several years ago. It's brown and smells awful. I was the only person willing to taste it. Ugh! Blech! Nasty, nasty stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alrighty then, I will back slowly away from the vegemite. Heehee.
    It's best use seems to be for target practice but only when In a totally enclosing box, all of which then drops into a hole right afterward? Then you must pour cement into hole, check.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..