"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Saturday9- Fortune Faded.. The Red Hot Chili Peppers (updated)



Fortune Faded

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Fortune Faded (2003)


... Because Janelle suggested The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The song begins with a chess reference. Do you play chess?  I try from time to time but hate to lose pawns.

2) The lyric also mentions losing altitude. Often airline travelers complain that their ears pop as the plane loses altitude. When you fly, does this bother you? Yes, but I no longer fly due to Disability.

3) Four of the original members attended the same school -- Fairfax High in Los Angeles. Fairfax High's mascot was The Lions. Do you remember what your school team (grade school, high school or college) was called?  In Uni it was a grizzly bear.  The Bruins. 

4) The band has appeared on The Simpsons. Which is your favorite character from the long-running Fox cartoon show?
I've never seen any of that program

5) Bass player Michael Balzary, or Flea, cofounded The Silverlake Conservatory of Music, a non-profit educational organization for under-privileged children. Share a memory from music class in school. The only thing I remember from choir was that , because my family could never afford any extras, I was yelled out of class by the choir master when I said I couldn't rent a robe.  He was a very offensive person, in my eyes.

The junior high kids, here, and in my kids' generation, tortured each other AND their poor teachers.  I've never seen anything like the brats my girls went to school with.  A male math teacher actually had tears in his eyes from the taunting.  I listened to the kids at soccer practice so heard what they did.  Generally speaking, what my friend once said is right, humans go insane at 13 and become sane again late in their teens.  

6) The Red Hot Chili Peppers have played at massive outdoor festivals all over the world. Do you enjoy listening to concerts outside, under the sun or stars? Or do you prefer air conditioned indoor comfort?
Outside, under the stars.  We used to go to all the ones at Redlands Bowl when we lived there.  And then we went to most of the ones held at Zoo or Wild Animal Park.


7) Red bell peppers are used in Giada De Laurentiis' popular Italian sausage, pepper and onion recipe. Would you prefer to have your portion served in a bowl or as a sandwich?  As a sandwich, please..

8) Red cayenne peppers are very hot. Do you enjoy spicy foods?  Not anymore.  But I used to like them.

9) Random question: Are you a spender or a saver?  I'm fairly thrifty.  

6 comments:

  1. #5 made me so sad. He must have known it wasn't *your* choice or decision. Why yell at you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sad. I was a coloratura soprano, and loved to sing. But when he yelled at me, "Then, Get out!" , that was the end of it. To be honest, if I'd been blond, he would have treated me differently. Total jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If people only knew what they do to others by being idiots - it's no wonder we're all on antidepressants or overweight or ill. I am sorry your teacher did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Countrydew. I was hoping, after remembering it for Saturday9, that he thought about it all and taught himself a lesson - perhaps one he never forgot. Then he quit doing such things again. There are far too many good teachers in the world for him to not have learned something that day, in retrospect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I hear stories like that horrible teacher, it makes me cringe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's because you are a great teacher, and all around good and noble en-lightener of the young. This guy was not any of those. Hopefully, though, he learned to be kinder. He was in his 50's and needed to change.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..