Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes (or surveys) from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. When possible, we contact the owner of the blog where we stole the post. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Shannon W (my friend and the author of Moments of Introspection) gave us this one but did not tell me where she got it. It's long so we broke it up in two parts. As it says above, we edit and change questions. Mostly I hate yes or no questions. That also allows the person I stole it from to play. That's not a goal but it is reality. If you think hosting a meme is easy, try it once. Okay, now time for me to shout:
Cheer to all of us thieves!!
Sunday Stealing: Shannon's Moments Meme, Part One
1. Do you like blue cheese?
I love blue cheese. I love all cheeses. Well, I haven't had that Norwegian cheese they make by boiling down the whey after cheese making. Really, the idea of eating such a product is beyond my ken.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? If yes, how did you quit?
Yes, as a teen and then again for a short time as an adult. I just quit, and went through the normal withdrawal and madness.
3. Do you own a gun? How are your feelings about gun control/2nd amendment rights?
I've owned rifles, but no hand guns. My Psycho Dad had them and regularily patrolled his "Property" with them.
I feel that as Americans we have the right to own and to bear arms. My problem is with the sorts of guns that are now included in fire arms. To borrow a page from Diana, the founding fathers didn't know that the arms industry would be lobbying heavily for the right to bear any sort of side arm that someone thought they needed to feel safe from ICBMs, let's say, something ELSE they didn't envision. The buck has to stop somewhere, and I prefer it stop on the correct side of sanity before we all regret it.
You can read her whole post HERE. Diana said it best.
4. What is your favorite flavor of water or liquor flavors?
Well, I like iced tea. I like it unsweetened, and as far as liquor flavors I guess I like Creme de Cacao the best, though it's been literally decades since I've had any.
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor visit? Why?
No, unless it's the cardiologist that I just do not care for anymore. My Primary Physician is the most amazing, caring doctor that I've ever had. She's been my doctor for two decades at least.
6. How do you like your hot dogs?
I don't like hot dogs, unless they are polish dogs or Kielbasa. Then I like them with mustard, onions and a bun.
7. Although it’s been asked a lot, tell us about a favorite movie that you haven’t shared before.
"Smoke Signals". It's one of my favorites I've never shared.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
I like Rooibos tea in the morning. And there is a newer one that a sweet, sweet knitter friend shared with me that is flavored with clove. At least I think it's clove. I'm too tired to flip on all the lights, go in the kitchen, and check it out. Ah! Heaven bless the web! Kisses! Kisses! Kisses!
|This is the one.|
9. In a dating situation, have you ever misrepresented yourself to seem cooler or hipper? (Yes we know for most of you it was long ago…)
This fellow, below, is called, The Philosorapter.
One thing, one very good thing, I learned from my mom, was that it's always OK (and a good thing) to just be yourself.
In her own high school year book, under her picture, it says that she was voted the least pretentious person in her class. That's how she raised us, to love fun, and be yourself. She was like her Mom and Dad.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Why?
It is a little opal ring that Mr.Z found in the leaf litter, by a parking lot curb, sparkling up at him. At the time we were virtually penniless and Christmas was on the way. I wear it nearly every day.
11. Favorite hobby? Tell us about it so we understand it.
I like to make rings and other jewelry, and especially I like to carve or form the material that goes in the mountings from slabs of stone that we've collected from sites in the desert or from other rock hounds. That is the best. I have sold off most of my stuff for it so I'll quit it! This is because I'm trying to get more mileage out of these old hands for doing knitting, the second thing on my favorite hobbies list.
12. Do you have A.D.D., or have you suspected it?
I don't have it. O.D.D., maybe, because my brother and sister have GOT to have that, and it's the genes thing, you know? I'm first and foremost an artist and a crafter so have lots of stuff from a business I used to own, but Every thing doesn't have to be perfect and lined up, and straight on the wall, within mils of tolerance. I'm not a USMC Drill Instructor about it.
I really, REALLY want to lose 20 pounds but I keep eating way too much chocolate. No, I can't stop it, either. Gotterdammerung! Isn't that just the BEST swear word substitute ever?
14. Middle name? Like it or not?
I like it. It's my Grandpa's family name, which my mother gifted to me.
15. Name three random thoughts you might have on this week:
1. I might think I want to jump off the cliff above the dam.
2. I might think I would like to get a house in the suburbs of a northern County, and rob a bank to be able to afford it.
3. I might decide to cut my hair even shorter and spike it, like this, but dye it rainbow colors.
|Getty Put their Great Big Paw on this one.|
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tell us a bit about them.
1. Water, it's made up of Hydrogen and Oxygen which would blow you up or fry you if they hadn't married each other.
1. Iced Tea, which is Hydrogen and Oxygen married to each other and infused with an herb from China called chai.
3. NAB which is non alcoholic beer. It also has in it, the wedded Hydrogen and Oxygen. Some of it's actually pretty good.
17. Current worry:
The two roses will finally die of their disease. We can't seem to stop the process without endangering the tortoises. They eat the leaves. It's pretty sad, but I think we will lose those two 30 year old roses this time. I'll be glad when 2016 exits, stage right, limping and burned badly by two of the children of an un-married Hydrogen and Oxygen.
18. Current annoyance:
Rodents eating the tomatoes, but we've foiled them I hope. We picked all the tomatoes and plan to keep doing it the moment the bottom of one turns pinkish.
19. Favorite place to be in the summer? Give us a wee bit more than “the beach”.
Any place with AC.
20. How do you usually ring in the new year? If forced (how we’d do that without Judd coming to your house, if you even know who he was) to do something new, what would it be?
We usually eat a little Chocolate for a sweet year, and drink some Champagne.
Since that didn't work on this Brass-plated Beeoch of a year, I'd gladly drop kick it's nasty little fandango to Kansas, while wearing all black and levitating. These boots were made for kicking...
21. What have you done this summer that’s special? Pictures please.
Saved two fledgling California Towyees, this is the female, who was so battered I didn't think she'd make it.
|Sweet bird of the sparrow family|
22. Have you ever walked into a room with just shoes on?
No, that just seems plain silly. I've walked most of my life barefoot, though. I have to wear shoes now because my feet have no tread left after walking a million miles.
And yes, I've re-edited this numerous times, and Now it's time to go to BED!
If you would like to join this fun meme, the button in the side bar is linked but HERE is a link also. My old advice once said, to have as much fun as possible in this life. That is still true. Find the Fun, and just Do it!
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends!
Have a great week. See you next Sunday!