"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, January 13, 2017

friday5: We can work it out.

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5!  Please copy these questions to your webspace.  Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses.  Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

Sorry players, I cannot cure this tiny print.  I've done every thing that I know how to do.  No result.

1. What is a real world lesson you learned from your first job?

I learned that I loved everything about books, right down to re-stacking the shelves and checking them back in.  I also learned that a small library had at least a thousand books in it, and I wanted every single one!!

2. What was pleasantly unexpected about your current (or most recent)  job?

My most recent job was at a fabric store.  And that if the cut from the end of a bolt was less than a half yard, we could have it at a deep discount.  Perfect for a quilter at the time.  

3. What are some identifying tools of your trade?

Tools  would be: a portable torch, as well as pliers of various kinds,  a ring sizer, ring mandrels, and various jigs, which are used to make wire shapes, like jump rings of different metals.  
The fickle finger of fate scotched my sister's and my wish to work together, into the sunset, on this.  

4. What's something  a job required that you thought was far outside your skill Set?

I learned pretty fast that I couldn't make change the way the owners wanted it made, counted back from the sale.  I'm terrible at that.

5. Robert Frost wrote, "My object in living is to unite/ my avocation and my vocation/ as my two eyes make one in sight."  To what degree have you united your avocation and your vocation?

A whole lot.  But now, I want to create an Etsy store sometime this year.  Shows, especially the long distance traveling have become so beyond my abilities now.

Want to play along in this fun,short happy meme?  Go HERE

2 comments:

  1. These were really lovely to read from everyone, weren't they? I love that so many of us have worked in libraries, and love to write. Peace--have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about how you're cutting and pasting the text into your new posts, and perhaps I'll be able to troubleshoot with you.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..