"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Redo of Sunday Stealing: the Happy New Year Questions.

Thank you CountryDew, Stacy and Impybat, for your comments on the first Sunday Stealing post.  I've never erased one before and forgot to save comments.

1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Well, the thing is that the Life/Death thinga finally caught up to us and we paid for a funeral

2. Best thing that happened to you was...
Still working that one out.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Back near Chicago, a friend had a baby boy, a darling little fellow that has a big brother, and a wonderful family.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. one of our oldest friends, a 90 year old, died a few days after our daughter did.

5. What countries did you visit?
As Stacy said, just this one.

6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Answers to some very big questions, one of which is:  With so many people under 50 getting life threatening cases of Colin Cancer, why doesn't the protocol change to getting a first exam to 48.  We do, after all, live in a very much polluted environment.  Tell the insurance companies to get off your dime and spend it on something other than bonus's for cheapness and those big ones to the Bahamas for the Execs?

7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 5th, Laura died three days before her 52nd birthday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Living through something that nearly killed me?

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not listening to my "Gut" and leaving for Central Cal sooner.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not this year, thanks to God.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A heart Chakra singing bowl.  

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All my daughter's caregivers.  I will be grateful 'til the day I die for them.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The thumb sucking twit that was "elected" - he was not- to office even after all the past behavior suggests that he should have been arrested long ago and stood trial?  Is he really too rich to prosecute?  I think we have our answers.  I'd say shame on the voters and the ones who gerrymandered, and lied to get this snake into office on the back of public fears.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, Shelter and Medical bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Putin.  That rat bustard got away with it.

16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Landslide by Fleetwood Mac



17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
(a) I'm sadder
(b) I'm slightly fatter
(c) I'm slightly poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time up in Santa Cruz with my kids.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I can't remember what,if anything, I had my druthers about.

20. How will you spend New Year's Eve?
We spent it with the twins.  They drove down through a very rare snowstorm on I-5 and the grapevine.  God Bless the CHP snowplows.  It took 12 hours to do.

21. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Well, I've been afraid of changin'
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older, too
Well, I've been afraid of changin'
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older, too
Oh, I'm getting older, too


22. What was your favorite new TV program?
NCIS

23. What was the rudest thing someone did to you in 2016?
I don't remember anyone being rude to me this year.

24. What was the best book you read?
The Eagle Tree.  It was wonderful

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I was a little shocked to learn that there is a lot of music out there I don't like.  But I do like some of Justin Timberlake's 

26. What did you want and get?
A singing bowl.

27. What did you want and not get?
I really don't want anything else, materially speaking.  Though, I still want a bigger singing bowl.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hunt for the Wilderpeople.  It has Sam Neill in it.  



29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 74 on the 22nd.  We stayed in after it rained most of the day and not very beach friendly.

30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to lift the final stage of life costs off the shoulders of the sisters and beloved of my daughter.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
I'm so far beyond fashion points these days.  Comfort is the by word for me.
Comfy things and yes, I will be on the look out for those fleece lined leggings that Stacy has been telling us about.

32. What kept you sane?
A steady hand that was on the tiller of my little ship.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
President Obama.  He did his level best to keep the Ship of State on an even Keel.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
That we have elected such a dangerous man to the highest office.  Are we out of our minds?  He is changed by the office or we will be living a nightmare.  Certainly NOT the American dream of Equality for All.

35. Who did you miss?
My Daughter.  She was just coming into her own.  She was growing into the Intellectual that she was meant to be and just spreading and exercising those amazing wings of hers. 

36. Who was the best new person you met?
This year?  Well, though I never met him, my daughter's surgeon.  She told me to send him a Christmas card because he gave her a few more months to live.  He fought for her and he was, as Bee described him, "A Force of Nature, that Guy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..