"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Thursday Thirteen: Keeping an Even Keel

These are instruction for myself, alone.  I've been writing them out as I tried to keep my little boat from sinking in a now stormy, melodramatic sea.  I have now only three daughters, and I worry what their future in "this land" that is "our" land, will be.

You may find them helpful.

1. Remember your heritage and carry it lightly, and happily, as the Divine lives within us all.

From this Clip Art Page
and...
Namaste


2. Listen to the wind- in the trees, at the seashore, in your garden as it sings it's way through and around all your plants, and rejoice in it.

3. Knit and make things for others.  This outreach will be more and more important to hold Community together.

4.  Write letters for Amnesty International again, and keep doing it.  These " stormy seas" are going to affect the whole world.

5. Ignore politics, as it is a tug of war. And, it's a covert, nasty, greedy thing.   Take the advice you've been given at least three times.

6. Do not ignore your "leadings".  They are the most important part of "following" your "path", and the purest voice.

7. Help everyone who needs it, especially the voiceless and powerless.  Just "be there".

8. Stay true to your spiritual ethic and your path.

9. Meditate.

10.  Stay in touch with friends everywhere.

11. Organize

12. Quash bigotry

13. Remember the admonishment: "If kindness is recognized as your virtue, you will have fulfilled you purpose completely."

Until then, you may wish to know that we are moving house, and this is addressed especially to CountryDew, to this HOUSE  ;-)  link c/o Pina!!

Since myself, Mr.Z and even the Wolf live in a Sidereal Universe, the new owners will not even know we are there.  See you in a few.

16 comments:

  1. Good goals. I need to do eleven and my favorite goals you've listed are 8,9 and 10. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organizing all of one's stuff makes the brain less chaotic, so to get ready for havoc, it's almost mandatory for me to do it.
      I like those three goals also, since centering oneself is of extreme importance to face the years to come. Good call.

      Delete
  2. I agree Mia, those 3 are the best of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I agree with you, both. Those are the core of the matter. Thank you for your comment. Live well, stay strong!

      Delete
  3. My #6 is related to my #5 in not ignoring politics because I think is more about freedom, fairness and our children's future. I love listening to the wind and especially birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birds are just the best, well, dogs and maybe kitties when they don't kill my Birds.
      Oh yes, human rights,as set forth in our constitution, are inalienable. That is not political but far above mere politics. 🗽 😁

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. You've made me smile. We must maintain some orderly place, and our minds are as good as gold for keeping it all safe.

      Delete
  5. I share you fears, hopes, and intentions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the mounting pile of panic mail crossing my desk, I reckon we are not alone. This guy is a gamer who did NOT win any election, but between crooks in high places, and the electoral college, his butt is in the Oval office at noon tomorrow. We'll have to manage the fallout because there will be plenty of it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I did this soul searching list, rummaging around into even the murky waters of my gene pool, as an attempt to reach some heightened level of calm. My hubster, who is a Stoic, takes the high road of "this, too, shall pass."

      Delete
  7. Ah, these were lovely, Zippi, and I greatly enjoyed the mushroom home! Now that is an unique place to live! Rather like a hobbit hole ... but not! I hope you enjoy your fantasy stay there. I like the knitting thing. I just wish I were better at it, or found it easier. Maybe I need to learn to crochet instead? I dunno. I have never been very good with anything but words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'd like that house. Come stay anytime you want. I'll send you the address of the worm hole we used.
      I think you did really well with your knitting. Don't give up. Knit scarves for all the kids who are too cold but haven't any? Crochet may be in your blood. So, give it a try, too. It's easier and now, almost as flexible for clothing and such.

      Your words are worth a thousand pictures. I'd never stop writing if I wrote that well.

      Delete
    2. What a very kind compliment. Thank you.

      Delete
    3. Your'e welcome, and it's true, too. Have a lovely week, look for the beauty. Eat some ice cream? Hugs!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..