"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, February 10, 2017

friday5 for February 10th: Hold on to the Knight.

If you would like to play along in this neuron testing meme, go HERE
Come on over.  I promise it's fun.

On this date in 1996, IBM's supercomputer beat Gary Kasparov in a game of chess for the first time.
This week's questions are in honor of that amazing feat.

1. When and how did you learn to play chess?
I learned all the pieces and moves as a child.  Ummm I'm still learning.  Every once in awhile I try it again.

2. How is your chess game?
It's lousy.  I'll probably never be any good at it.  I cannot sacrifice my pawns.  It's unthinkable, and I grit my teeth having to do so.  At least the death is quick and painless.

3. When did you last find yourself in a stalemate?
Well, I live in the Town of Stalemate, in the County of Quagmire.  Since the popular vote obviously has absolutely NO place in our modern Republic, I can vote here or not vote, and with the same result.

4. A gambit is a chess opening in which a player sacrifices a piece in hopes of gaining an advantageous position.  What was one of your recent real world gambits?
I don't do that in real life, only in online games.

5. Which piece is most like you and why?
The knight probably.  This is because I like to come out of nowhere and take out Trolls, and Ogres, and other Miscreants.   But not the one pictured below, who comes from Norway.

Source is Pinterest, but it really comes, apparently, from HERE
Everything you could possibly like to know about Trolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..