"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Home schoolers, here is an article for you. And, Apricot Nectar Rose Roars back to life.....

Wendy Bradshaw's Facebook page goes Viral.. in part because she sees what the standardized testing is doing to children. An Excerpt and HERE'S A LINK to the page at Daily Kos.

An Excerpt:
"Their brains aren't ready for some of the things they do. And Bradshaw says that with confidence because she has studied and researched early childhood development, with the degrees to prove it.
“It makes zero sense,” she said, and is not necessary. We got to the moon and back without learning how to read in kindergarten.”
To this I can only say, "AMEN!"

The Rose:
Though still not displaying the deep green of leaf that it normally possesses, our Apricot Nectar's got an incredible amount of bloom.  This is a big relief.  What was killing it was a fungus that was half masquerading as a drought problem.

Neither of our roses are on the "resistant" list from this Oregon Nursery.  So, they both got the sniffles last summer.  Apricot Nectar looked like mere sticks after awhile and it missed the November/December bloom cycle.

Here is is today, this morning in fact

Make it Bigger if you like.
During the Dry last year, I looked on the web for simple solution, like my mother used to make.  I found this one,  Sodium Acetate solution.  I am in love with that page because it's one of the few that isn't loaded down with a TON of ADS!  Unfortunately, it is no longer being updated.

Sodium Acetate Solution

Mix together:
1 Gallon of water
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 drops of Dish-washing Detergent (Hand washing)
Then stir in 1 Tablespoon Distilled Vinegar

Clean up all fallen leaves, cut away any yellow leaves from the plant itself.
Then spray the plant. Do not compost any of the litter or the leaves.
Vinegar and Baking Soda forms an Acetate, and this is why this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..