I need a Nap!
Sunday Stealing: The Unknown Author QuestionsApologies.. this is late because I can't see well.
But thank you Bud for posting a Sunday Stealing each week.
1. if someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
Read: The Book of Hopi
Watch: I can't think of anything for this one.
Listen to: is answered in # 29
2. have you ever found a blogger who thinks just like you? if so, who?
First of all let me say that I've taken you all into my heart.
Philosophically speaking, I'm more of a radical than anyone, but CountryDew comes the closest to thinking as I do. And, I also would pick Bev and Kwizgiver for that, though they, like CountryDew, are much more "demure". I'm notoriously reckless.
3. list your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
If this is about TV, I'm lost. I would like to be like Pollyanna without her more annoying characteristics.
4. do you like your name? is there another name you think would fit you better?
Generally speaking, I do, though I really wish my mother, who named me, would have given me
her second name.
5. do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? do you identify yourself by the things you do?
Human Being because I was born to be an artist, and that never happened.
6. are you religious/spiritual?
I am a believer in avatars and in Christ's message. I can't abide "Christianity, as it is now practiced, however.
7. do you care about your ethnicity?
Since I keep no "customs" of either Europeans or Native Americans, that would be a "no". I do identify most with my French, Welsh, Scots-Irish, and Native American ancestors.
8. what musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime?
The Romero Brothers, Julian Bream, and Chet Adkins. Anyway, there's also a lot of Guitarists.
9. are you an artist?
I create jewelry, and can sketch, paint and carve very well so yes.
10. do you have a creed?
"Just Love Them" That was one of the instructions and/or duties given the Dalai Lama when he was a child.
11. describe your ideal day.
I would step out of the RV, Mr.Z would hand me a cuppa. The kids would arrive and we'd eat breakfast. I would take out my knitting, and they would go on a hike.
12. dog person or cat person?
I love them both, but will never have another cat. Milo was our last cat and losing him was heart breaking.
13. inside or outdoors?
I love the great outdoors. I am a nomad at heart and could happily travel around seeing America for the rest of my life. But there will be no more tent camping, sadly, which is the best of all worlds.
14. are you a musician?
No, but I can play the guitar.
15.five most influential books over your lifetime.
Well, one masterpiece has six volumes. I'll count it as one. History of Western Civilization, by Will and Ariel Durant.
Jules Verne's book, Mysterious Island
The Tao de Ching
16. if you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same?
17. would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”?
If it's anything like Facebook, I wouldn't touch Tumblr with a ten foot pole.
18. what’s your patron-us?
I don't have one, but three. So, I'll say it's St Theresa of Avila. I've read all her writings and feel closest to her and her gentleness.
19. which Harry Potter house would you be in? or are you a muggle?
The House with Gandolf in it, if he actually lived in a house. And, no, I'm definitely not a Muggle.
20. would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else?
Without a doubt I want to live with the Elves. Middle Earth. I could gaze upon the delicious and fair Legolas.
21. do you love easily?
Spiritually? Yes. In corporeal life? I possess a guarded heart.
22. list the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
(c) cleaning and laundry
23. how often would you want to see your family every year?
My kids? Every day they'd want to see me. No one needs a parent living in their back pocket, but now, I want, more than ever, to live close to them. They live in a much closer community, and much more humanitarian as well.
24. have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone?
Mr.Z and I have a very connected consciousness, and this is over great distance. Their are a few others, too.
25.could you live as a hermit?
As someone has said, as long as I had the internet, yes.
26. how would you describe your gender/sexuality?
I'll always be a cowboy at heart.
27. do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you”?
No. I'm 25 in my mind, riding horses every day.
28. on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin?
That would be a 10. I don't let others steal my inner peace anymore, though there are a couple of them trying to do just that.
29. three songs that you connect with right now.
1. Into The Mystic, done by Joe Cocker:
2. Jason Becker's "The End of the Beginning"
3. Aliison Kruass, "Down To the River to Pray"
30. pick one of your favorite quotes.
It's in the side bar of this blog...