"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thursday Thirteen: Favorite movies.

Short list of favorites, most of which turned out to be chick flicks and not necessarily in order from favorite to least... I had to think about these, even though it seems not.  😊

And so.....
Source = Pinterest Monster
Go HERE to play!

Happy Thursday 13 Everyone!  Hope you have a completely lovely day, no matter how dire it may seem when you first awake.

1.  "Cold Comfort Farm" One of the quirkiest love stories around.

2. "One Enchanted April" Just a lovely film about, of course, the transformative power of Love.

3. "Milagro Beanfield War"  for? See blurb below.... this one just tickles me PINK!

4."Moon Over Parador"  For the insane "take" on American political tactics in Latin America.

5. "Princess Bride"  A smashing good swashbuckler of a film that is also a fabulous love story.

6. "Pitch Black"  for the odd redemption factor.  It is a great Halloween movie.  I think it's right up there with "Alien" movies which would be on this list if, that is, the list could be longer.

7. "Whale Rider"  A film that helped to put the Moari people back into the World's awareness.

8. "Chocolat "

9. "Evolution" is an insane comedy about "evolving" creatures from a space rock in a cave in the desert near Las Vegas.

10. "Pirates of the Caribbean"  Why?  Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbossa.  This could actually be three entries, couldn't it?

Source is Disney Wiki
11. "Sully".. A magnificent true story about a miracle wedded to human know how and courage.

12. "Hidalgo"  A story about an American cow pony who won a grueling race across the Arabian Desert.  It's since been debunked as a lie, but who really cares?  It's a great story.

13. "The Devil Wears Prada"  Meryl Streep's fantastic portrayal of a little tin pot despot in the fashion industry.

11 comments:

  1. "Milagro Beanfield War" is old, right? I think I saw it. I only saw a few of those you mentioned and can't remember those. I tend to go for good science fiction. Yours is a diverse list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Bride!!!
    I do not think that means what you think it means.
    I love this movie so much I have two copies of the DVD...one with extended content of course. Lols
    I shall have to watch it this weekend I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Milagro Beanfield War book. I didn't realize they'd made it into a movie. Princess Bride and Pirates are on my
    re-watch list, which is saying something because I generally don't re-do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've seen most of these, share your thumbs-up critique. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying this system again, with a twist. First into a word processor, and then into the blog. Hopefully no more horrid Snafus!

    @Colleen. Yes, it's pretty old. I like and sometimes LOVE SciFi , too, and that's maybe another list at another time. We all need fodder for our 13's. :o)

    @Bluemoon: Hi, and thanks. And, no, it's probably not about what I think it is, but that was my overall reaction to a story written tongue in cheek in the 70's. It's a great story, in and of itself, about how the movie was written. I read the book after Sam told me about how entertaining it was. Maybe I'll have a little filmfest here, too. It's time to eat popcorn for breakfast!

    @Alice: Hi. I read Milagro Beanfield War, the book, and really liked the movie better. The sheriff for instance. I liked to think of him as a hero which of course, he really wasn't in the book. Flawed maybe but I like my heroes tidy and good. Cheaters don't cut it with me. I'm with you, I want to watch the Pirate movies again and Milagro. They are all fun films.

    @ Ron: Thank you. These floated to the top first, though some others were only a little under the surface. Another list for another day. The second best 13? I really need to get out more. hehe Channeling you here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am horrified that I have only seen two of these movies and haven't even heard of the rest. I am so out of it when it comes to pop culture. I keep telling myself to watch something besides Lord of the Rings . . . but that darned Frodo always finds his way back into my DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frodo is fun and fine! I like LOTR and Star Wars,too, but many of the older films I found on the internet with actor and actress searches and bought them there. I tend to like to follow certain directors, like Carl Reiner, and others, as well as cinematographers. There are so many beautiful films that didn't make it into this top 13. I loved it when there were a lot of video stores around. You could buy their retired copies.

      Delete
  7. I have only seen a few of these films....I need to hit up netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. 😎 You might find some of them there. Most of them are fairly old. "One Enchanted April" was on Netflix. I had to find it on something besides the old VHS tape we have. That tape was past it's prime. Lol

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..