"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, August 26, 2017

I Wish it would rain..

 No, I really don't!

Saturday 9 Song: 


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: I Wish It Would Rain (1968)
... because Janelle recommended the Temptations
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

If you would like to play along, go HERE

1) This week's song focuses on rain. Ombrophobia -- the fear of rain -- is fairly common in children. How do you feel about rainy days? 
I'm a Californian, and normally I adore rain.  However.... We have to get the roof fixed before Mid September.  That's when the rainy season can start.  We really don't want rain right now! 
Grits Teeth! 😬  I'm so beside myself over this.. but..*sighs*...  Life goes on!

2) Lead singer David Ruffin always wore corrective lenses. Are you wearing glasses or contact lenses as you answer these questions?
I'm over half way to 75.  What is your guess? 😎

3) Those thick-rimmed glasses were David's trademark. When he custom-ordered a luxury car, he had the image of those glasses painted on the door. Tell us something that makes your vehicle distinctive.  I can't think of anything other than it's a four wheel drive.  But is that distinctive?  There are three of this exact same model at the gym when we go there.  Lol!

4) David also had a penchant for mink. Rumor has it that he wore a mink-lined hat and even had that car upholstered in mink. If you could really splurge on anything right now, what would it be? Car? Travel? Clothes? Jewelry? (NO responsible answers allowed.)  You've heard all this, ad nauseam, so go ahead and skip to the next question.. And, since Clothes was plural, I am going to go Plural!

Houses!  I'd buy and completely furnish (IKEA does wonders these days) at least four houses - two in Santa Cruz and two in Arcata, where I would like to eventually live.  We once did look around up in central Cal,  when we were in our 30's, at Fresno and there-a-bouts, but, sadly, nothing came of it.  Big Mistake. We hadn't moved to San Diego yet.  My kids went through hell here.  

5) He sings that he badly wants to go outside. What are your plans for today? Will you be outdoors very much? 
I've already been outside enough this week.  And, I've been outside today to check on the tomatoes. We plan to bring them in when they get just a little pink on the bottom.  They ripen up fine when you do that, and that way the "animals" don't get at them.

6) The Temptations originally called themselves The Elgins because in 1960, Elgin watches were the high-end timepiece of choice. Today, in the age of cellphones and FitBits, wristwatches aren't that popular anymore. Do you often wear a watch?
 I sometimes do.  Not so much anymore, though.  Time isn't so pressing as all that, now.  The daily schedule doesn't read like a daily Metro schedule anymore.  My friend Meffie once said that of her life. *waves To Meffie*

7) This sad song was inspired by a real-life event. Motown songwriter Rodger Penzabene discovered his wife was cheating on him. Much to his own surprise, he didn't want to divorce or even separate from her; he just wanted her to love him and only him again. Tell us about a time when you didn't react as you thought you would. (Your story doesn't have to be as dramatic as Rodger's.)
Someone in middle school came up to me and asked me why I hated her.  I told her that I thought she hated ME...  We  developed a good solid friendship after that.  "Bee" was one of the most lovely people in the world.  I hope she's had a wonderful life because her mother died suddenly of an aneurysm when Bee was in high school, and she had it very rough emotionally after that for a while. I still think of her from time to time.  She married her high school sweetheart, a very good kid, right out of high school. I have this fond memory of the two of them walking, hand in hand, across our HS campus, going away from me one day.   We had all stopped to chat.  I thought, "That's what True Love looks like." 

8) In 1968, when this song was popular, a Pittsburgh McDonald's sold the first Big Mac (two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle and onion on a sesame seed bun). Describe your perfect hamburger.
Ick.  McDonald's. Their special sauce tastes like ketchup with pickle juice in it.  Anyway, my perfect hamburger, when I was even eating any red meat, was from Fuddruckers.   In-n-Out burgers were pretty good, and really fresh ingredients.  


9) Random question: When you catch a cold, do you soldier through it? Or are you a big baby?
Colds don't slow me down too much.  Well, I'm already pretty darn slow! *insert image of a snail* But, I've had pneumonia, so I'm careful about watching for anything like that developing.  I was two days from hospitalization when it was caught by a very good doctor, one of the few, at Kaiser.

6 comments:

  1. In-and-Out Burger is an interesting company. They seem concerned about their impact on the environment and the careers of their employees. I'm glad that their food is good, too. (They aren't in Illinois.)

    You'll need lots of clothes to fill all those closets in all those houses. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son just moved to Minnesota. He is so excited to finally get to go shopping at Ikea. Thank goodness he has a job. You such a deal image on the right isn't even half the story.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been in an IKea. But I like new furniture, not antiques, because antiques usually have mold and stuff. I like the LOOK of antiques but not the smell, in other words. I have no idea where I am going with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ The Gal: They are a good company. And the good thing is that they haven't been given an "offer they can't refuse" yet by some megaDonald's.
    Oh, the clothes. hadn't thought of that. They who live there will just have to bring their own, since the Billionaire for a Day ran out, yes? hehehe Good point you make!

    @ Harriet
    Ikea is pretty special. :) Congrats on the launch of the kidlet, now all grown up! And no, that sidebar thing is just a little joke, and this thing is a lot more horrid than can be expressed by a blurb. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also never been in an Ikea, but I suspect I would adore it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ CountryDew. No worries, CountryDew. it's ok. You might like it, if there were one near you. IKEA is great and sells everything but groceries, but I know they serve meals from their cafeteria. I also wouldn't buy overstuffed furniture antiques. So understand your trouble with that. My furniture is only antique because it's all from the 60's or older. lol.

    @Kwizgiver: I think you would! It's a fun shopping experience. You'll walk your legs off, though. My computer table came from there. It has an overhead shelf where a lot of my files and and some boxed programs live, and the top can be set at any height which was handy for me because of all the height loss. No sawing off the legs. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..