"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Thursday 13 is gone.

I’ve done something I’ve never thought I’d do, delete a blog post.  I apologize to my readers, and the two bloggers who commented on that post.
I’m not letting politicians take over this space, no matter how bad they are, and we now have a very bad situation in Washington.  Surely you all read about it, and form your own opinions based on what you read, or experience, first hand.

Americans ignore this rise of an ultra Right wing take over of one party, at their peril.  It’s the same as if they were to ignore a Communist upstart taking over and running our country.  Both extremes are not good for our special form of Democracy, and we should not be fooled.

The danger is real.  We don’t need another Nazi regime alive and well.  This ultra right religious Nazi enterprise, battening in Washington, cannot be allowed to lead us into the future.  For the sake of our children, we can’t let our Democracy fall to extremists. 

4 comments:

  1. Crap. I missed a deleted post.
    You are so right in the whole picture of the thing. That dirty looking slob with the big mouth is a real problem. However, I still have faith in [most] folks thankfully, to know better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Harriet. I trust most Americans to rise up and roar. The trouble is that he’s just a side show... you know? He’s only the most visible member of the whole motley crew. Damn pirates!

      Delete
  2. There is so much to worry about. I feel rather helpless, but then I think about how my parents must have felt as they survived a depression only to find themselves in World War II. I wasn't born yet but I later sensed my mother's feeling of alarm over those times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I hear you on this. My grandmother was dramatically changed. And, right after WWII, we had Korea, and then the constant threat of something Nuclear falling on our heads. All people, but particularly parents, must have felt the rise of panic in their breasts. We have been at war since I was born. Some of these wars were called "Peace Keeping" but they were wars, and we started down the road to being the World's Police Dogs!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..