"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Very Random Quotes and other detritus of daily life in the Asylum... Thursday 13

I"m sorry, this has turned somewhat political.  I just don't see how it can be avoided, and if you don't say or do something it's quite possible to go insane.

This just in:  Delta pilot refuses to land until gun control legislation is passed.  The Onion.

Someday I won't be so angry anymore.....First something nice....

1. Used greeting cards can go to these places... Got some hanging around that you don't want to just put into the recycle bin?

Then ....

2. I just came back in and eliminated a few of these Political hot buttons.  So instead, I'll put a picture of the three Stooges.
This sign is available through Amazon.
Hehehe
3. “That doesn’t mean he is the greatest example of the Christian faith, and neither am I, but he defends the faith. There’s a difference between defending the faith and living the faith.”


The Very Reverend Franklin Graham
ME:  I can't believe he actually said that!

My thoughts aren't worth a cent but I'm giving them anyway:

I'm really not impressed by Billy Graham - may he rest in peace- ever since I went to see him speak at a "MORAL Majority" meeting when I was expecting my first child.  And then, when his wife told a reporter, who had gotten wind of his closet full of $200 suits (in the 60's!) that, "It didn't serve the Lord to be shabby."  That is a direct quote.  I was severely taken aback by that, and started looking at this issue with a Microscope

4. The Leaning Tower of Pisa still leans... But in 1934 the dictator, Mussolini tried to set things right by drilling holes into the foundation, and pouring a whole sea of concrete into them.  Remember, the Romans invented concrete.  The tower responded to such brigandage by leaning even closer to the ground.

5. Delta Airlines ended it's discount to members of the NRA.  This brought an immediate backlash from Don Quixote who said that this was a slap in the face to his way of life.  (tilting at windmills)  
And Julius Caesar (the play in N.Y.City) was not allowed to put on his toga after Delta cut funding for Public Theater in New York.  Or did I read the wire wrong.  

There are times when it all seems like a VERY BAD PLAY, and one that shouldn't have a run of anymore that 3 days let alone three more years.  Atlantis has risen!

6.  The little gloves are coming along just swimmingly.  The second one is up to the fingers and will then be set aside to cast on more...



7.  I am a card carrying member of the Forest Biota.  If you scratch me, there will be, initially,  tiny roots.  But these roots connect me to my Mother Mycelium.  She is one of the largest entities on the planet.


IMAGE IS FROM HERE
PLUS:  A fantastic article on the ongoing studies of what we can actually do to save ourselves if there is a will ....

8. To make this summer... if I live long enough
From a Grandmother's page on Flicker...

9.  I'm reading three books.  This happens when I can't settle down.  It's not my age, it is more that this is... THE AGE... And I'm not talking "Aquarius".  Book 4 is a book that I don't even remember wanting.  But it finally came through after the 47 people ahead of me who had it on hold finally read it.  I'll start reading it tonight.  Does anyone else see a pattern here?

10.
I'm feeling like I'm in full blown Fibro.  I did it to myself.  But it's not all in our heads anymore, thank God.  *insert little praying hands* Here's a WEB PAGE that 'splains what this gal is going through.

11.  “Look, sir, we already know how you react to combat situations,” he said. “You got five deferments from Vietnam. What are you gonna do, run in there and stab ’em with your bone spurs?”
Stephen Colbert

He's a liar...   Many rushed "in there" when they didn't have a weapon in the Cleveland School shooting of 1979.  Bimboy sure the shooting, pardon the expression, wouldn't have... 


He freaks me out,  this little Mussolini popinjay.

12. "Good bye Glasnost....Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi of Egypt and Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, have all abandoned most pretenses that they rule according to the people’s will. Authoritarianism is also reappearing in places like Hungary and Poland that barely a quarter-century ago shook loose the shackles of Soviet oppression."

Quote from a NYT special report.

13.  Ok, this got a little too political.  But there's a puppy I want but can't have.
Just remember, "You don't always get what you want.  But sometimes, you get what you need."

10 comments:

  1. My knitting level is about stuck at scarves. gloves? Not a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they are sort of easy- but I've gotten my clock cleaned by an Aran sweater - MAJOR hairpulling! - so these seem like a piece of cake.
      If you can follow a recipe you can follow this quite easy pattern. I love to make socks on these needles,too, but it takes getting used to the little double points. Or, you can make them on magic loop. Less stress. lol

      Delete
  2. difficult to see the erosion of faith practically eveywhere tv film etc today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be difficult but it started happening a LONG time ago.. I'd venture to say right after He left to go back to Heaven.
      There are hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of people who believe in Christ, but abhor the growth of the Christian Religious Business Establishment which began just 100 years, or so, after He was here. That Monstrosity now spends tons more money on Buildings, administration, and political glad handing, than it does on taking care of all of those whom it was established to care for. Anyway, that's how I see it.

      Delete
  3. Shroomalicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they good to eat? Just eat the right ones. tee hee

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I watch Colbert as an antidote for the "bad play" of the day. This was so full and fun to read. Gonna google "The Age" now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. I'm trying to start earlier - Like Friday - to write these things because two days before isn't enough. :p lol

      Delete
  5. I appreciated your take on the topics of the day. I shake my head a lot and wonder WTH is going on. How did it come to this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CountryDew. I gritted my teeth when I wrote some of it, but was determined to make it at least a little amusing. The Colbert quote handed this a lot of it's sassyness. He's great!

      About what is going on....IDK.. But, it's been building throughout the entire twentieth century. You can see that little Militaristic Money bag being filled since the First World War. Now, they have the cat bird seat.
      Before now and the last stolen election, we had a better balance in that the Senate and House weren't controlled by a bunch of puppets for Big Business, purveyors of War Material, or any religious sect that wants Armageddon. Though every wheeler and dealer is to blame for this situation, no matter their stripe. They used our youth for meat puppets in their endless wars, and our treasury to fund an arms race. All the while they were getting fat off of the profits from that deception. We need to get rid of the Electoral College. It's bad for us and supremely divisive. It serves only treachery.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..