"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, April 12, 2018

T-13 Spring Cleaning catch all List for 2018....Thursday Thirteen List.

Want to play?  Go HERE 

sorry I forgits me manners!  🤔

What a struggle to find 13 of anything! (as this post will illustrate).

Recently, in an attempt to learn new tricks of the internet “trade” I made a list.  It was called, "The list of things that Must be Done before spending so much time in Pinterest.”  I’d downloaded a list making App, you see...and, yes, “of all things”.

Nothing's changed except, now, Instagram must be added to the boogieman's Guide of things to do when not being able to sleeping.

NOTES TO SELF:

1. Wash clothes when one of the hampers is full.
I have had three hampers for ages, so sorting is done automatically; these are of the pop up kind that dorm kids now use.  They are for darks, lights, and towels.  Since they are big, one hamper can hold two loads.  I hated sorting clothes so this way, it’s done automatically.

2. Get busy on dusting and storing all the Knick knacks.  And, it’s time to thin them out.  Etsy,  here I come.  Or maybe eBay... or....

3. Knit every day, using fran’s "Ten Minute Rule".  It’s “genius”!  fran was a knitting maven from Knitters Review.  She was quite  ill but she knit constantly, and she gave the best advice.  We all remember her "Ten Minute Rule" with great fondness.
It states that 10 minutes a day in knitting on a garment will eventually ensure that it gets out of the UFO's (UnFinishedObjects) and into the FO's. Finished ones.  I'll tell a side benefit of that 10 minutes a day.  You do NOT forget where you are in an Aran Sweater, and have to Rip it BACK!

4.  Clear 3 things from the sewing room tables, donate or trash them..

Get those "Ugly quilts" sewn up and donate them.  Here is the archived LINK to the origin story.. It will Lift your Heart!

Pinterest.. of course.. sigh...
I tried to get the page this came from back but
it's not traceable.
Here is a LINK to a page that has the instructions for making an original Ugly Quilt, complete with the men's ties used to tie it up. 

And another thing.......Since I had saved a lot of paper forms and even some styrofoam to make things with it's making a a tough job of the Sewing Room/studio. However, the paper is now being recycled.  The styrofoam is still going to be used for decorations.  I’ll show it when I make it sometime later.  First I have to find the styrofoam cutter which I hope is still going to work.   I don't like Styrofoam because it isn’t recyclable, and I only know how to make one thing from it.   It's one of the modern Bane of Existence products.

5. Put donations for Goodwill in the Jeep and  get them out the door!  Two boxes have been sitting around for a long time.  They must go.

6. From the linen closet... donate all things that you haven’t used in the last couple of years.  You know you aren’t going to need them, ever.  Save things only for the Ugly Quilt drives.

7.  Make all  the dolls you always wanted to make.  These hands of yours won’t last forever.  They’re already sending you distress signals.  And go back to making  Comfort Dolls again...The link goes to the person's blog who started it all.  And the one I used to send dolls too.


8. Pot up the little succulent and cactus babies.  It’s time to get back to the garden.  Less water this year than even last year.  This means, with the damage to the shade patio...it was destroyed in a storm this winter....


Most of the ferns will die.  Accept this.  Make new plant holders in macrame, and what not's... as in the old days.  A few of my plants are quite elderly.  Like me!
Pinterest got this without saying where...

9.  Instagram is lovely.  More friends!  Lots of pictures of lovely things.  I love the bird photographers, and all the pet sites.. crafting dolls! I love the way it connects me to People from Everywhere!   It’s Heaven! 💗

10. Use Pinterest and Instagram to STAY AWAY FROM POLITICS!   Remember that dream of Jack, long ago, when he sat down beside you and showed you what you need to do to cope.  It is well passed the time when you could ignore this instruction.  Just Do It!

11.  Play with Wolfie everyday.  He is getting older by the day.  He is your last dog, maybe.  We’ll see. Maybe we’ll foster kittens or puppies.  I hope we do.

12.  Read and then turn loose of your books.  I must...but I cannot....... I must..but I cannot....😱
FROM HERE

13. Work, rest, work, rest..   It keeps you going longer.  Live minute by minute because it works better.  Little kids do this.  The other Earthlings do this.  What makes an adult human not do this?  The time clock.. that's what.  We get up and and run around for 10 to 18 hours and then go to bed again.  That's Crazy!

7 comments:

  1. Me too most all, especially 4,5, and 6. I think so much about it but get little of it done. Thinking is the best way to travel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, thinking is the best way to travel. lol
      #6 is going to be hard. My mother's and grandmother's table linens are in there. :o[

      Delete
  2. My mother uses the ten minute rule on housework. She says she can't get out of her chair to do half an hour at a whack, but she can handle ten minutes just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so it's true then. Mama does know best! She sounds like a good and jolly person.
      So far, I can work a half hour to forty-five minutes before resting my cranky spine. I sometimes read between times, and sometimes it's the back of my eye lids. ;o) They are VERY well read.

      Delete
  3. Martha Beck recommends the 10-minute rule in O! magazine so you must be right about it. ;-) But I forget to do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great rule. I'll have to look up Martha Beck.
      fran, from Knitter's Review, has inspired many knitter's and indeed other crafters, with this rule.
      She was an absolutely amazing woman who took in two little sisters, and over the span of raising them, protected them from the Klan. And she knit all her grandchildren, the offspring of the only children she every raised, amazing sweaters for every birthday. I am a lucky woman to have been inspired by her, and to have had the benefit of her presence in that now marginalized knitting space.

      Delete
    2. Oh, you and I can do this together! It will be amazing to see what can be done with 10 minutes a day. My hands and eyes are now cranky so I absolutely have to do my knitting this way. Please, let's do this!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..