"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, April 22, 2018

This yarn, the rose, the knitting, the little insight...

This yarn did not please me.  It's just too harsh and having to knit these gloves on size 2 needles to make the gauge ended up creating a stiff and uncomfortable glove.  Even though pattern says that light DK is ok.  Maybe.. your mileage may be different. 

So, I'm not going to use this DK yarn and will also modify that pattern somewhat because it doesn't fit correctly.  I'll  be using Sport weight, which I will have to buy.  Oh Boo Hoo. 😕

Lol 🤣
See where that ribbing is hitting me? 

Over all, it's a very good pattern, but the hand above the ribbing is too short.  The thumb needs to be started a little more above the ribbing than just a couple of rows of stockinette place it.  It pulls the SF Glove slightly out of shape.  As is evident, from the preceding photo of it.  It was the first thing that the unfussy Mr. Z. pointed out.  My purl and knit rows don't differ at all, so it's not a loose and tight knit problem.

Also, I didn't like the way the gloves were so short and not at all like the first ones, which didn't rise up off the wrist the way this did.  So, I'll incorporate that pattern's thumb gusset into this one.

I did like VERY much the way the fingers were knit, i.e., picking up three stitches at the base of the previously knit finger, as well as casting on three at the other side, in a manner that completely eliminated any holes between fingers.  I may have this last a little backwards, but you get the idea.  It was completely clever in that regard.  I am happy that this is knitting to size but would never use DK on it again.  Fabric became too stiff. 

I'm working on the last Thursday 13 list items and it's going to get me where I want to be in the rest of the year.  I've been pretty flat out disappointed in the Deity for awhile.  It is worthless to argue and rant about it in a blog, but let's just say, I've had a crisis in Faith mostly because I was recovering myself, and then this 600 pound Ape man landed in the Oval Office.  I plan to out live the damage or at least be around long enough to help others do so.

There, I've said my bit.  The first hundred years are the hardest, I am told. 

You will all be happy to know that the Torts are all up and enjoying the weather and the sun..

This is little Dusty,
who is not allowed to roam around on his own.  

Now for something pretty.....

Sun Flare rose.
  This tiny florabunda has at least 50 rosebuds on it.
Speaking of Pretty.....I'd also like to say that I've come to like our new First Lady.  She's an Intelligent and kind person whom I can truly admire.

See you when I have something else to report on the knitting.  Take care and stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..