Want to join in? Go HERE
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
April Love, Pat Boone1) In this song, Pat Boone sings that April love is a wonder reserved for the very young. Do you think the sensation of falling in love changes as we grow older? I really can't say. I'm sure it's the same because of other people's experiences. Wait, I fell in love with Wolfie from his little pound picture, so yes, it's the same.
2) "April Love" reached #1 on the charts. Between this song and "Love Letters in the Sand," Pat Boone had a career year. Only one artist sold more records in 1957: Elvis Presley. When you think of Elvis, what's the first song that comes to mind? "All Shook Up" That was what worked it's way to the top of my head... Good theme song for Days of My Life right now, too. Yep!
3) Pat was extremely busy in high school. He wrote for the school paper, ran track, and acted in school plays. Share a memory of your extracurricular activities during high school. I was in Choir, and also GAA. We went to other schools in Inter-mural sports competitions involving Badminton, tennis, volleyball, and archery. I still love archery, and I'm sad that I can't pull a bow anymore.
4) It was his track coach who introduced Pat to the new girl in school, Shirley Foley. Three years later Pat and Shirley married, and remained man and wife for 65 years, until her death earlier this year. Who is the longest married couple you know? One of the rock hound couples, if they are both still alive, have been married well over 60 years. We've lost touch with them.
5) Pat has lived in the same house for more than 60 years. He once received an offer to sell it for $18,000,000 but turned it down because it's the Boone family home and he simply doesn't want to leave. Do you plan on moving in the foreseeable future? No. Also, I wouldn't move either if I lived in an 18 million dollar home in Beverly Hills. Think of the packing up?!? Horrid.
6) Pat has a warm friendship with his neighbors, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne. Pat has mentioned in interviews that he has enjoyed bike rides around Beverly Hills with Sharon. Tell us about one of your neighbors. She is great. I've known and liked her since we moved here many long moons ago. A really nice person. Her hubby was like a big brother to DH and I - Totally cool and fun loving.
7) Mr. Boone was very critical of Barack Obama, enthusiastically supports Donald Trump, and has appeared on Fox News to express his views. How do you feel about celebrities talking politics? They are all Americans and should be able to say what they like as long as it isn't Hate speech or Slander.
Boone? I think he doesn't know what he's talking about. That's MY opinion and I AM an American. So, I can also say what I like. Boone is probably comfortable saying what he likes on "Faux News" because he knows it won't be challenged. I don't think much of Boone's intellect.
8) In 1957, the year this song was popular, Dr. Ian Donald pioneered the use of ultrasound technology. Today ultrasounds are commonly used by doctors in diagnosing conditions affecting the eyes, blood vessels, kidneys, gall bladder and more. Have you ever had an ultrasound?
Many, many, many...
9) Random question: You're sitting alone in a restaurant, waiting for a friend. The waiter brings you a drink and the compliments of a member of the opposite sex seated at the bar. What's your reaction? Are you flattered, shocked, embarrassed, intrigued or annoyed?
Well my dear, I would be a little shocked and a little flattered.
I would raise my glass to the Gentleman, say, "Thank you", and smile.
Then I'd blow him a little kiss...NOT! Lol.. The very idea of anyone sending ME a drink is delightful!