Saturday Nine, Mighty Clouds of Joy, B.J. ThomasIf you want to play along just go HERE
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Nice song, Sam and thanks! I've never heard it before.
1) This song celebrates serenity. Are you feeling peaceful this morning?
Not really. My mind is leaping ahead to all that is going to go down this weekend, and next week.
Also, to the the work that still has to be done to clean up my messes and start making things I want to make, like sophisticated electron things. Just kidding! In truth, I'm lucky to be able to de-fuzz my sewing machine's bobbin race. But I would like to build that darn Star Trek Transporter one of these days. Think of the tea parties and chin wags we all could have!
2) The lyrics include allusions to sun and clouds. How does the world look where you are? Is it sunny or cloudy?
It's sunny here, and on the cool side. The perfect early Spring day in SoCal.
3) This week's featured artist, BJ Thomas, is in the Grammy Hall of Fame for another hit record that uses weather as a metaphor, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head." Make up a Hall of Fame that you believe you should be inducted into. (For example, Crazy Sam has inducted herself into The Meme Mistress Hall of Fame for her service to Saturday 9.)
Infamy is more my style. Is there a Hall of Infamy anywhere?
4) When Crazy Sam hears this song, she always sings along ... loud. Is there a song you simply cannot resist singing along with? I sing along with IZ. People who don't know about him dismiss him, but I'd say he had one for the most beautiful voices that ever was.
5) BJ Thomas has performed this song at The Grand Ole Opry. The Opry has been broadcast on the radio every week since 1925, nearly 95 years ago! Of course, back in the 1920s, radio was the only broadcast media. Today we have other choices. Is listening to the radio part of your daily routine?
No. The Radio is full of irritating commercials and even more irritating NEWS casts! I used to listen a lot to the radio when the kids were little but now there are much better ways to listen to my favorite music.
6) Though their dress code is lenient, country music fans who attend the Opry for a live show are warned: "Just remember, there's one rule we take very seriously here at the Grand Ole Opry -- you must wear something." Easter Sunday is a day many of us dress up. What will you be wearing today?
I'm wearing my favorite little summer dress. On Easter Sunday I might wear one of my other favorite little dresses. My summer goal is to make some MORE favorite summer dresses after I clear out the area for the machines. My sewing room has gotten over-run by "Box room syndrome" and other craft supplies. "Crap supplies", in other words.
Then there is this:
7) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring? Flowers and going to get Fish and Chips at Shelter Island.
8) Lilies are popular at Easter. Do you have a favorite flower?
I like this Lily. All lilies actually but this one. It's called A Stargazer
9) Which would rather find in your Easter basket: yellow marshmallow chicks (aka Peeps) or a plastic egg filled with pennies?
I'd really like one of those big chocolate rabbits from See's Candy. lol