Fill in the Blanks.......Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World".
Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere.
Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
And...Thank you Bev, for this great Sunday MEME!
Go HERE to see other entries and to join in if you of a mind to....
There will be a quiz... *Winks at Kwizgiver*
1. It's always nice when Spring arrives, and the birds bring their new fledglings to the seeds we put out as well as the weeds we've left in for them.
We are luckyin that we live in a place that gets three species of Goldfinch. These tiny darlings dangle on the tall dandelion plants and entertain us as they eat the seeds of these plants.
2. Oh, that "Old Devil Moon......In the Sky".
3. It's a sure sign of Spring when the White Crowned Sparrows arrive. And, when they are going the other way, South, it's a sure sign of Fall!
4. Are we having yet another snowstorm in the East again??!.
5. My heart is still overbalancing, swerving way out to the apogee and into the perigee of emotion and back again in an instant through the center of my soul. Hmm, could that be a tune?
6. Do you believe in Santa Clause? Me? The answer is No. But, I believe in St. Nicholas!
He once slapped a Archbishop when the man said that the business of the church wasn't to feed or care for the poor. St. Nicholas.....My kinda GUY!
|HERE's His Story|
7. I'm a little tired at the moment. Another four hours of sleep would have been nice.
8. I was sitting in my comfy chair, and started to doze off the other day, and,*click*, I had a tiny vision like dream: It was of Mother and another woman quite a bit taller than my mother (who was only 5'2").
This interesting lady had the look of my girl. She was smiling as she approached me, and was dressed in 1930's style hair, hat, dress, purse, and shoes. She came up close to me and smiled with a hand extended.
Mother was bringing her to "meet" me. It's amazing that a single. tiny moment can convey so much information. The mid thirties lady took my hand, and then I was wide awake. I thought at first that it could have been my great Grandmother... She was reportedly tall, and quite elegant.
9. I used to love it here when the moon is full. The tiny foxes that used to come down from the wild lands to hunt for rabbits, would bark at one another, and it was magical to be awake at 3 am and sitting in the moonlight outside and hear them. Sadly, there's nothing but freeway noise now.
10. When we young, we would go fishing, and I especially love to surf cast off the beach down near the border.
11. Bird watching is the best!
12. Underneath it all, the Eternal Earth will go on without us. It always has, even when the Moon been ripped off and the all that WATER arrived.
13. Oh! And thanks for all the fish! Oops, I forgot to say Goodbye! Just a play on an old, old joke from the Dolphins.
14. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to more Netflix, we are watching the last few episodes of "Dark Matter". There's some great acting in that series, tomorrow my plans include waking up and drinking tea in bed and knitting more. My hand has recovered most of it's flex, and Sunday, I want to Knit, drink more tea, eat some Lacies cookies, and watch old shows!
|I'm going to learn how to make these.. |
They are just like another cookie that's made at home..
Say, this is a lot like the old "Friday fill-in". I used to do that Meme until it went south.. I'm glad it's still around in some form.
My your Sunday be restful and pleasant. No nasty surprises. 🤞