Dear Readers: It's Short and sweet this week... internet down for hours.. massive headache, and it's late.. Anyone want to play along? Go here
Thanks Gal, for all the you do every week to make glad the Hearts of Saturday Niners..
Don't Envy Me...
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) What is it about you that you believe your friends and acquaintances envy?
Nothing. What's to envy? Certainly it's not my age or beauty, so maybe it's that I can just look at something and know immediately whether it's true or not. *snickers* ("She's Such a liar!" says the little voice in your head.. Listen to it!)
2) Do you have a friend or acquaintance that you envy?
No, except for my imaginary friend. I love how she never gets into trouble or sets a bad example whereas I am a walking train wreck.
3) This song was not a hit, even though it was written and produced by the supersuccessful team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Tell us about a project you had great confidence in at the beginning, but didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped.
This song is terrible! It's completely ugly... Gah!
Back to the Question: I haven't been able to learn to play the Ukulele. I'm not thinking it's going to have a happy ending. Maybe I'll accidentally sit on it someday..
4) George Hamilton is better known as an actor. He is proud of his performance in the 1960 movie Light in the Piazza. He played an Italian who romances an American girl on holiday in Florence. Did you ever find love while vacationing?
No. Found my "love everlasting" at a neighborhood party.
5) George had a small part in Godfather III. How many of the Godfather movies have you seen? Have you read the book?
I've never seen a single one of them, and never read the book. Not very appealing, to me anyway.
6) He's gotten a lot of publicity over the years for his personal life, including his 1966 romance with First Daughter Lynda Bird Johnson. At the time, she was living in the White House. Tell us about a memorable experience you had "meeting the parents."
I have had one but I dare not recount it. It's turned out to be the most definite predictor of the future. I can trace a line from it through all my years as a married woman.
7) George is also known for his year-round tan. Have you ever used a tanning bed? Or self tanner?
No, I haven't.
8) In 1963, when this record was released, President Kennedy made a historic trip to Ireland. Have you ever visited the land of your ancestors?
I live in the land of several of mine. The Europeans? No.
9) Random question -- The last of a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies just fell on your kitchen floor. Would you eat it?
Na. I don't eat anything off of ANY floor. Now, Mr. Z....... Oh ya, he would eat it IF it fell under the "5 second Rule", or 6. 7, maybe even 8....