"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunday Stealing:

Free Talk

 Hi!  I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog 
"Funny the World". . 

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
 

Stolen from Free Talk Random Questions 

Sorry about Missing Illustration.  Blogger didn't know what to do with it. 

1. If you were offered a job in another part of the country, would you take it? No, but only because we are so old and already retired.  I can't think of another job that would be worth giving up my naps for.  

 2. If you were in a bank and someone started to hold it up, what would you do?  I'd do what they told me to do.  IF I were a KungFu Black Belt, i.e. a trained person, or as big as a Orc Warrior, I might try to do something.  But, anything I tried to do in the "weak and feeble body of a woman" could get someone else killed.  So, I wouldn't risk it.
 
From this page.. AWESOME ART!

3. If you found a suitcase filled with $1,000,000 what would you do  To be honest, first I'd get a lawyer, then I'd turn the whole shebang into the police, and get a receipt.  There is now so much corruption floating around every corner of  our world that I would be afraid to not have an attorney by my side.  Huge Money is a big generator of trouble, especially large amounts of anonymous Cash.  I DON'T want anymore trouble in my life. 
 
4. If you had a 25 hour day what would you do with your extra hour? I only sleep about 4 to 5 hours a night anyway.  I want a longer nap whenever I get to take one. 

 
5. If you had the opportunity to be different, what would you change?  I once told my girls that if you change ONE thing, it could change everything.  I can't imagine a time line without my daughters, hard though it was on them, as life is a tragedy for those who feel.. Some famous person said that... A Greek philosopher I think.  Anyway, they are lovely people, and I wouldn't change anything.  I'd hate to have missed them or their daddy.

 
6. If you received a lottery ticket as a gift and won a lot of money, would you share with the person who gave you the ticket?  Yes.  Such good fortune should be shared with the person whose generosity created it.

 
7. If you spoke two languages and your spouse spoke only one, would you raise your children as bilingual? Yes.  In fact I'd teach my spouse that extra language, too!

8. If you were candy, which candy would you be?  Almond Joy!

9. If you were a toy, which toy would you be?  I'd like to be a Teddy Bear.

10. If you were abducted by aliens, would you tell anyone?  It would be on a need-to-know basis. *wink*

11. If you could go to the moon, would you?  Only with Baron Von Münchhausen



12. If you had a time machine, where would you go and why?  I'd go 70 years into the future in order to see what has become of the Earth.

13. If you saw a robbery, would you report it? Yes, and right away.  

I still believe completely in Law and Order when it comes to prima facia criminality.  The grey areas that politicians argue over don't interest me anymore.  The Law does, but not the posturing.   I hope that we, as a people, don't have to live much longer within this holocaust. 

14. If you were to speak to a graduating class, what would you say?  University?  I'd encourage them to find employment in or out of their fields, and then go for advanced degrees.  Learning is life long, and so you may as well have advanced degrees to show for the time.

15. If given the choice between being given great wisdom or great wealth, which would you choose?  What level of Great Wisdom?  The sort of transcendent kind that is well worth the having?  The kind that makes great wealth a sort of burden, because in reality it is?  If by great is meant The Taoist kind, then, yes, I'll go for Great Wisdom.  I have always wanted to know about how everything fits into a unified system, seen and unseen things.  The answers to all the "Secrets".  


Are you all asleep yet?  lol....

Thanks Bev for the Sunday Funday..  


I know these things aren't easy.  I've tried to find suitable  resources to share with you, and I couldn't do it.

12 comments:

  1. Hey! We both want to be teddy bears! I loved your answer to #3. Completely practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Teddy Bears RULE!
      Thanks about #3. But I'm still waiting for my sense of fun to come back, and can't really think beyond the basic angst of a situation. Falling in the kitchen was strike three.

      Delete
  2. It's funny, but it never occurs to me to travel into the future in a time machine. Good for you for facing forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually SHOULD be looking back, but what the heck. There's no going back so why look, except I LOVED your answer to that question. A lot of people who should have lived would be alive had Kennedy been able to fulfill his vision, and his agenda on that bloody war. Kudos!

      Delete
  3. I'd go future but, I'd be very tentative about it,especially if it were worse than today and today isn't great.
    I love your plan for a lawyer and a receipt. Good thinking. Yeah, we don't need trouble and money can do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. The future is not looking good. There be Monsters....in the here and now...

      I'd share it out, if I ever got it back. But, considering the cost of a house in California these days, the kids would be getting most of it.

      Delete
  4. The future is the place to go. The past is over. I totally agree with you on that.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The future could be sad. I would want to know if the illuminati wins or if the average joe does.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was silly fun, in an historical way. "Burn, Baby, Burn" is another dark comedy with George Clooney in it that is hilarious, but I bet you've seen it.

      Delete
  6. I went into the future, too. I almost always do. The answers to the secrets are right in front of us, we just can't see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! That is so true! The answers are here and the people with the power can see them but they also have all the power.
      Plus, I can't believe that so many asshats think they can take even one hair on their own head with them when they croak. Astounding, isn't it?

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..