Hi! I'm your host Bev 2 Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This 3 feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal 4 all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise 5 to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and 6 intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!
Now that we've had a big Thanksgiving dinner, here are some questions about weight from Adventures in Nonsense.
1. My biggest barrier to weight loss is.. Well, I've lost nearly 35 pounds, in all, from being sick. I SO have to stop this! Lol
2. What is your relationship with food like? My family was poor. I got just enough food to eat to keep up with being a little hyperactive girl who ran or walked everywhere. I generally walked a mile and a half to school and then back nearly every day.
Anyway, I stayed pretty trim for the first 20 years of my life. Outside of singing and academics, PE was my favorite thing, so that helped in those early years. Unfortunately, as soon as I could get enough to eat, I had a weigh problem. Calories in/calories out were no longer on the negative side. I had to learn to count them.
3. What was the last time you had fun that made you smile for a few days. Playing with friends in our MMPOLG.
4. What are triggers in your life that lead to eating? hmmm.. Anger, maybe. I was last seen scooping a few spoons of chocolate chip ice cream when that Dumb OX did something that dissed the wounded vets.
5. What inspires you to be healthier Love...
6. Name two foods that you think are “bad”. That's dead easy. I never buy either one because I can't trust myself to not eat the whole box/bag. Fritos, and those little round crackers ... what are they called? Risko? Ah! Ritz! I LURV them so never, EVER do I buy them. Boy, are they good though.
7. Are your expectations for yourself too high? Were.. I liked to do well at everything I put my hand to. However, life taught me that striving for perfection in everything isn't wise. You'll only drive yourself nuts this way. Do your best and be happy. I quit trying to be "good enough" to be loved by some people in my life. They weren't worth the effort.
8. Would you like more fun in your life? I think a person can to make their own fun. So I have as much fun as I can probably stand.
9. What is your one comfort food? One? Darn. I guess it's ice cream. When something near to this question was asked of a 76 year old grandmother one year, her answer was, "Eat more Ice Cream". I'm totally DOWN for that!
10. How would you give someone encouragement? I would probably advise them to set small reasonable goals. And then, after achieving those, set bigger ones. I'd also tell them that getting deflected from one's goals is one of the tests in life.
"Eyes on the Prize" How long have the blacks and poor been after the goal of equal protection under the law? Everyone who wants this knows it's a long, hard road but it's something that is one of the most worthy goals for a nation of people. "Keep your eyes on the Prize".
And yes, BLACK LIVES MATTER! To anyone out there who doubts it!
And now, my own little rags
to and riches heritage:
Here's a link to a NYT article about "Hillbilly Elegy" This film is excellent. I have a McCoy great grandparent in my background from my maternal grandma, who married my grandpa, much to the dismay of his aristocrat Mamá. My grandparents fell in love over the music of the Kentucky Hills. He was a Heavy Equipment Mechanic called to the hills by a job, and she was a coal miner's daughter. She sang, and he played guitar. They had a good life together but both died much too young.
11. Do you get enough sleep? No, but I can take naps; so about three times a week I'll catch up with a nap.
12. What activities make you feel more relaxed I love to knit, to read (apparently) angst filled non-fiction books, cozy mysteries, and watch mysteries on Netflix and Prime, "The Great British Bake Off" and . I watch various chick flicks from the home collection, like, "Romancing the Stone", "Princess Bride" and my all time favorite movie, "Milagro Bean Field War".
13. Where do you need to practice forgiveness in your life? Forgiving people who caused me or my children some real harm. I've just forgiven that, over and over, in my mind until it's almost only a whisper now. I can just brush it off my shoulder now, like a little Fritos chip.
14. What is one thing you have not done because of how you looked? Looks never stopped me from doing something I wanted to do, because I never really cared that much about how I looked. Of course, now, I wouldn't be caught DEAD in a swimming suit. haha
"Killer Whale Spotted, Body Surfing, at Black's Beach! Film at 11!"
15. What would you like more of in your life? Being healthy enough to re-build my garden that has been destroyed by drought, wind, and neglect.
And now, HERE is a link to answers this week from all the other participants in this MEME. Give it a spin. It's fun! Lord knows, we need more fun in our lives.