"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Catch up for last week for two Memes

 

First, here is Saturday 9 ...  

1) The lyrics ask where the snowflakes go. Sam can answer that: she shovels them! Do you shovel or use a snow blower? Or do you live in a warmer climate with no snow?  We have no snow except in the Mountains, which attracts a MOB when it happens.
 
2) This week's artist, John Legend, recalls his Christmases growing up, singing carols with his family around the piano. Do you have a piano, or any other musical instruments, in your home?  We had a piano for years and years but gave it to a man who refurbishes them for students who need a free piano.  I still have two guitars, and about three flutes.  Not sure if the kids took one of mine or not.  My banjo went to my daughter who plays guitar, violin and banjo.  Ah yes, and there’s the little flea, my ukulele. 

3) This song is from John Legend's first Christmas album, A Legendary Christmas. It was a massive hit. Did you add any new music to your holiday collection this year?  No.

4) John and his wife Chrissy Teigen go caroling with friends. What's the last song that you sang? I sang along with the a song in the sound track of a movie; it was "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond.

5) Chrissy's hobby is cooking. While she likes experimenting with new recipes, her young children prefer their familiar favorites, like mashed potatoes. She tosses a bay leaf into the water as the potatoes boil to add enhance the flavor. Do you have a dish that's considered your specialty?  Probably candied yams but it might be Beef Wellington.  My daughters liked that a lot before they all became vegans after they left home. 

6) John prefers to unwind with a good book and loves comparing reading recommendations with friends. Did you discover any books in 2020 that you'd like to recommend to our Sat 9ers?  There are a ton of books I would recommend but the one I'm reading now is RAGE, by Bob Woodward.  It's a great book. The Coming Plague is another.  The Highland Clans, by Alistair Moffet.

7) This song was written by Motown powerhouse Marvin Gaye. Who is your favorite Motown artist?
Smokey Robinson.

8) In 1972, Marvin wrote another Christmas song, "I Want to Come Home for Christmas." He dedicated it to the troops then serving in Vietnam. Do you know anyone who is protecting us this holiday season? Tell us about him or her. Whether they are in the armed forces, the police or fire department, or the ER, we want to say thank you!  I do.  He was my trainer, and left to join the San Diego County Sheriff's department. He called me "Crouching Turtle, Hidden Flower".  We had a great time, and he's still very special to me.  

 9) Random question: You go into the kitchen to make your perfect sandwich. What fixings do you need?  Half a pita, salad mix, fried falafel, tahini, and feta cheese.  Yummy!

Thank you Sam for your unwavering weekly Saturday 9 memes.....

 

Now for last week's December 25th Sunday Stealing: 

Star or Angel?  Angel

White Lights or Colored Lights? White

Blinking Lights or Still Lights? Both as they can be set that way.

When do you open your gifts? Christmas Morning

Do you buy gifts for your pet? Used to for Jazz, but Wolfie was never played with when he was young and only plays at the beach, like a maniac, he dashes around and bites at the sand. 

Be honest: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?  A strange, and very cheap, plastic purse.

Have you ever traveled for the holiday? No.

Did you see Santa as a child? Only a couple of times.  I did see a Santa at the mall one year as an adult.  The Mall was completely empty, and he looked so lonely standing by his little hut.  He had a cold, and I had a cold so I said, " I'm going to give you a hug.  Why the heck not give you a hug?"  We both felt better after that.

Can you name all the reindeer?  Yes

Have you ever gone caroling? Once upon a time, when I was a teen..

Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?  Used to.  Haven't done it for a few years.

Have you ever left Santa cookies? Oh, heck yes.

Have you ever had a white Christmas? Yes, when I was little and living with my grandparents in Ohio when me brothers were born. 

Have you ever made a gingerbread house from scratch? From a kit? No.

Be honest: Do you think the season is too commercial? Oh course it is.  I like to think of Yule, and find that more like the real deal.  I think it's coming back...

Imagine you were going to create the quintessential holiday soundtrack -- which song(s) absolutely must be included?

I have no pet peeves. I'm too old to be peevish. I just want to enjoy the time I have here on Earth.

2 comments:

  1. I like to think Yule is coming back, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can bring it back, since it is actually very old.
      RANT ALERT! Because, if we're being true and honest, Christmas was iffy at the best of times. I put it down to the Ministers,not Christ, who were set up to minister to the Charismatics(the seers) of the early church, but saw all that WEALTH coming in from far and wide. They just started creating many myths, to override the pagan holidays, then made it deadly to resist. Now they want to run the political realm, again!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..