"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, April 2, 2021

Here Comes Peter Cottontail: Saturday 9

 

 


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



Saturday 9: Here Comes Peter Cottontail (from the archives)

1) Which do you prefer: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside?

I like to color and decorate eggs still. Sometimes we do this, and sometimes we don't anymore.

2) What's your favorite color of Peeps (yellow, purple, or pink)?
OK.. I have not eaten a Peep for decades but Pink is my favorite color of ANYTHING, so I'll go with pink.

3) All this talk of sweets is making Sam hungry. What's for lunch?

Greek Yogurt, plain.. lemon ginger tea.. *raises her Mug of Tea to the Gal*

4) This song was introduced by country singer Gene Autry and it's still a favorite. Please share some of the lyrics. (And you're on your own; Sam didn't include a link to the song this week.  Nyet! lol

5) Gene Autry was so popular that a town in Oklahoma named itself for him. Have you ever been to Oklahoma?  If the transcontinental railroad goes through it, I'm sure I've been through Oklahoma.  

I was nearly a 2 year old when Mother, with Dad, took me with them when they came back home to California from Ohio.  She and I went back to Ohio when I was 2 and 4 years old for my little brothers' births.  

6) He and his horse Champion also had a TV show. Can you name another famous horse?  Let's see....  There is Hidalgo, Trigger, Silver, Diablo and Scout.  And, Seabiscuit of course!

  

 
7) Gene Autry also recorded "Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer," and it was, of course, wildly popular, too. Who is your favorite recording artist?  I'm old, always a singer, and my memory goes back to the forties so this is not easy to pick a single artist.  Pavarotti is my favorite male opera star.  The Andrews Sisters are my favorite female singing group.. etc etc... so many others..  Dooby Brothers, Simon and Garfield. On and On....

8) In 1950, the year Autry recorded this song, Diner's Club issued the first credit card. Think of the last thing you purchased. Did you use cash, a credit card, a debit card, an e-wallet service (Visa Checkout, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay ...) or a check?  Paypal, a donation.

9) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring?  EVERYONE having their COVID19 vaccination!  I mean the wise among us.  I'd hate to see natural selection played out by a virus, but then, I'm sure viruses have pulled this off before, the sneaky little devil spawn.  Natural Selection by the cruel fickle finger of fate.



Well, this has been fun.  I hope you will go HERE and see the Linkie for this episode of Saturday9. 

Thank you Gal!  💋

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Mme. Zip, I have just discovered Greek yogurt and I've always liked ginger tea. So I'll brunch with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A lunch date! Have a great week and give the kitties some ear scritchies for me.

      Delete
  2. On my bucket list take a train and do a loop of the western national parks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to color eggs too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and Happy Easter.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO with you on the vaccines! I check with my friends, and we will all be done by the end of the month. Can you say PARTY? I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never eaten a Peep--they gross me out.

    I can't wait to get my second vaccine Wednesday--I have hugs in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get my second vaccine until April 22, but I am anxious to have it over and then wait a few more weeks and feels semi-safe outside of my own four walls.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..