"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease ๐Ÿฆ  And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Sunday Stealing: More from the League of Extra-Ordinary Pen Pal

 1. What issues are important to you? Civil Rights, Animal Rights, and putting the Earth First.  Also, anything that protects children, children ANYwhere.

2. Which breakfast foods are your favorite? I like muffins and a bit of cheese and some fruit.

3. How often do you change your hair style? Every year or so, I chop it all off into a Bob.

4. Your most peculiar talent or interests? I'm interested in how Quantum Physics fits into the so called Para normal or extra Sensory perception. I've been interested in this since I was a little five year old girl.  I had a dream that showed me iridescence and how it worked.

5. Something you’re a natural at Do you mean good at from the get go?  Drawing, Bowling, Tennis, languages.

6. Women who inspire you Eleanor Roosevelt. Hedi Lamar, all the women astronauts, Madame Curie, and Rosalind Franklin.

7. How often do you take a break from everything? Every single day. "Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." 

  8. What are your go to dancing songs?

Off the top of my head, that would be "Dancing Queen", and most anything by ABBA ...and really anything by Cindi Lauper, Blondie, Chicago, The Doobie Brothers, or Foreigner. 

9. Favorite carryout and takeaway foods to order Veggie Pizza, bean and rice tacos, and Chicken Salad from Panera.

10. People you like to spend time with My hubby, daughters, my sister, other Relatives, and old Friends.

11. Hobbies you started within the last year I already have too many hobbies, so many in fact that I can't even get to them on a rota lasting two weeks.

12. What scents, sounds, and sights of Spring do you like? Rain hitting the roof, the smell of rain on the grasses in the yard, flowers on the lime trees, roses, and all the little weeds growing in the parking strip.  We leave them there because they aren't weeds but escapees from urban gardens that the bees love to visit.

13. Cultural aspects you cherish and enjoy: All the Holiday seasons, Quaker Meeting, Lamb's Players.  The Arts. 


14. TV shows and films you liked this month nada for tv other than the detective shows on Netflix or Prime.


15. What do people usually come to you for help with?  Knitting advice.  Life is lived on lots of levels though if you are in the habit of listening and not firmly glued to your own understanding, you learn more.  

The Universe answers and it also asks.. It's good to be old and committed to the Contemplative Life.

Something nice to end with......


 

 

8 comments:

  1. #4 Coming from a science background, I too am interested in the weirder aspects of physics. I don't always get it though (sometimes it is very complex). I enjoy TED Talks in that area.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. It’s not an easy area because the physical world, and now even the theoretical world that Physics created to explain our dimensional world no longer works. Physics is complex and it gets more twisted because the practitioners are up against the wall of making reality all fit together when it obviously doesn’t. (Not without adding extra unseen dimensions to a material world). A world they are glued down to. It’s bigger, and more ethereal, than they ever imagined. The Big Bang theory existed in Hindu scripture. How about that? ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Ž

      Delete
  2. #7 is my favorite answer of all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. I’m glad you like it, and Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜Š I can take no credit. I stole it from a very old poster, that we once had, of a pensive looking orangutan.

      Delete
  3. Your list of women who inspire you...very nice. And I love your musical choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Songbird. I used to sing a lot in choir from grade school through JC so music got a very good grip on me. It’s been a joyful ride.
      Woman has always gotten the short end of the stick. I cry for the Afghan women that I knew at uni. They are God knows where now. One of them told me that the liberalization of their country was due to the Russians, staring right across the border at the leaders. Now they are probably all going back into burkas. So damn sad, isn’t it? * sighs*

      Delete
  4. Good list of women, and I think it's great to have too many hobbies. A body in motion stays in motion! And that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, CountryDew. And, yes, a body does stay stronger, and a mind if kept busy.
      This last two years, first recovering from that bad fall with a broken shoulder and elbow, and then the pandemic I’ve sat around a lot it it shows in body and mind. Time to get moving again. The knitting is sitting around. I’m not allowed in the garden anymore, I miss keeping my garden.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..