"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, August 19, 2022

Saturday Nine: Jack And Diane (1982)

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 


Jack and Diane (1982)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The video for this song features lots of snapshots. Do you have many physical photo albums? Or do you store your pictures digitally?  

I've stored them in albums, though they are also stored digitally at two sites.  We got the slides stored on discs that were loaded into my Photo processors, and then stored digitally.  That way the kids all have access to their childhood photos and all.

 2) This song tells the story of "two American kids growing up in the heartland." Young Jack dreams of being a football star. When you were in high school, did you fantasize about stardom? If yes, what were you going to be famous for?  

No.  My goals were Oil painting (Art), and Geology, in the specialty of Paleontology.  

3) Diane wears Bobbie Brooks slacks (at least briefly). Bobbie Brooks is a popular brand at Walmart. If you had a $50 gift card for Walmart, would you be more likely to use it toward groceries, clothes, household items, or electronics?

Aww Gee, do I have to shop there?  OK.  Then, I'd head straight for the Nursery and buy plants.

4) They go to the Tasty Freeze. If you were to run out for fast food right now, where would you go?

I'd hop right out there and get fish and chips with an NAB to drink.

5) When John Mellencamp made this record, he was known professionally as "John Cougar," a stage name suggested by his manager. He has said that adopting a stage name is something he regrets. Looking over your life, if you could take a "do over," what one thing would you like to do differently?

I'm old enough and wise to the world.  If you change one thing, you change everything.  Having said that, I would try to be a wiser and more intuitive Momma.  That could have possibly changed the course of life for the most important people I've ever had any influence with.  

6) Even though he suffered a heart attack, John Mellencamp continues to smoke, admitting that nicotine is something he simply can't kick. Do you have a habit you wish you could break?

I'd like to break out of being so freaking serious about the state of the World. That is something that over which I have "0" influence anyway. 

c/o Medical News Today

7) John's daughter Teddi was one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She went on to join the cast of Big Brother. Do you watch any reality shows?

No, though I am currently watching a movie/documentary about Aretha Franklin.  What a horrid reality that must have been to live through.  Poor Aretha. 

c/o Everyday Health.com


8) In 1982, when this song was popular, William Windsor was born. He's better known by his job title. Without looking it up, do you know who he is?


9) Random question: What do you do when you can't sleep?  

I read something on my kindle or play Free Cell on my iPad.  



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Thank you Sam!  This was fun and made me think more than usual about things that go bump in my brain, like the two cells that rub together now and again.!  Nahahaha!

Readers, Go HERE to see the linkie for this Saturday9.

15 comments:

  1. #3 -- I find Walmart an unpleasant retail experience, too. But I will enjoy seeing the variety of things we Sat 9ers will pick up during our fantasy shopping trip. I mean, that store carries EVERYTHING! (I bet you're our only plant shopper.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are right. In fact, I'm now sure of it. lol I used to love that part of it but only that part of Walmart. It was outside the main store, and it was very pleasant there.

      Delete
  2. That's a good point. If I could truly change anything in the past, it would be my "mistakes" as a mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother to Mother, we likely both did the best we could, but hindsight is a .. ahem.. "real Mother"... I think we likely did the best we could, all told. I'm glad you have grand kids to pamper and spoil. It's called, "revenge." heehee

      Delete
  3. #4 The local seafood restaurant has “All you can eat” Fish and Chip Tuesday, with my appetite it doesn’t pay for “all you can eat,” I have a hard time just finishing a regular portion.
    #9 If haven’t read my Kindle in months, I am on an audiobook kick right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audio books are nice but I keep having to either take out rows of my knitting, or rewind the book. haha...

      Delete
  4. I saw that movie/doc on Aretha and it was sad. Makes you wonder about the father of her first child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently started playing Free Cell on my iPad and holy moly, what a time waster it is! I listen to audiobooks and play for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's your own time so that's ok! I think it's loads of fun and can keep the world at bay all the while you play and listen.

      Delete
  6. Plants are a great thing to buy! Mine all died this summer from the extreme heat. I am just waiting now for Mums. I think they might be available. I will grab some when I can. :) Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is sad. I'm so sorry you lost all your plants. With such high temperatures and all, the only way to keep plants alive you couldn't do because you were gone then.
      My gardens are gone, a victim of my inability to not fall and break something when I'm out there, and the loss of the huge shade that covered them. So, I need to replace them all.

      Delete
  7. I wanted to be a geologist at one time, or maybe an archeologist. But I got over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to have a minor in archeology! Just think, if we both had got our first wishes, we might have met up at digs! I never got over it, and became a Rock Hound instead! hehe

      Delete
  8. Yep, I read the Kindle too when I can't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hello! I read your little Bio at your blog.
      Sometimes you just don't want to waste the time if you have to be up, at least you can read in bed without a light on to disturb anyone. I love my kindle.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..