This Night Won't Last Forever
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
1) This song begins with, "Everybody likes a celebration." Do you have any birthdays or anniversaries coming up on your calendar?
In November, there are three birthdays coming up: Hubby's, two of our daughters, and our Tim.
2) The lyrics tell us Michael Johnson is stuck at a party while his heart is breaking. He finds it awkward and painful to pretend there's nothing wrong. Are adept at "putting a good face on it?" Or is it easy for others to tell how you're feeling?
I am very "adept" at putting on a good face. I learned this early in life, as the very tiny child of a terrifying, short tempered father.
3) Michael feels like this is going to be a long night. Is there a part of your day when time tends to drag? Or when it flies?
Time always flies for me. I wake up on Monday and by bedtime, it seems like it's already Friday.
|Time Flies away|
4) As bad as he feels right now, he's still hopeful about tomorrow. What are you looking forward to for Sunday?
I'm looking forward to reading more of my book. I'm also looking forward to concentrating on sitting quietly in communion with my Friends' Meeting, and to eating extra chocolate. Sunday breakfast comes with extra chocolate. It's a tradition. lol
5) When he was 13, Michael taught himself to play the guitar. He went on to take formal lessons and mastered classical guitar. What's something you would like learn more about/do better?
I'd like to understand how Demagogues think. Why they become what they become. You know, what makes them tick.
I'd like to learn how to properly play a piano. My girls all had music lessons, so music lessons sound like an interesting thing to do.
I'd like to learn how to play more than a few chords on the Ukulele. I dust off my "Little Flea" every once in awhile and pluck various chords on it. I'd probably not take any formal lessons but just use the classes on YouTube.
6) For a time he performed with a trio known as Denver, Boise & Johnson. The Denver was John. Do you have a favorite John Denver song?
This one... I like this new rendition of Country Roads...I like A Capella Singing. This group has a perfect blend, don't you think?
7) He retired to Minneapolis to be near his adult daughter. But he never stopped performing entirely. For years he delighted loyal local fans with with an annual holiday concert on December 26 at Orchestra Hall. Is there a performer you've seen in concert more than once?
Not a single performer more than once, no. We did attend the San Diego Opera and the San Diego Symphony, and held season tickets for quite a few years.
8) In 1979, when this song was popular, the cable channel ESPN launched. What's the last sporting event that you watched?
The last was a basketball game. I love basketball.
9) Random question: Do you play Wordle?
No, I don't, but Hubby likes it.
I play another on-line word game called "Spelling Bee". That's enough for me! I love Spelling Bee.
Thank you, Sam!
Readers, would you like to see other Saturday Nine Adventures? Go HERE to Sam's Saturday Nine Blog.
Time to go outside and entertain the neighbors.....
|This is just for fun. I love my neighbors|