"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, November 18, 2022

Saturday 9: Leslie Gore: Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

Welcome to Saturday: 9. 
What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Thank you Sam!  This meme is always a lovely thing to look forward to doing every week.  
Readers, please go HERE to see other posts from the rest of the Saturday Nines.

Lollipops and Rainbows (1965) 

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1. In this song, Lesley Gore sings that sunshine is wonderful. It's hard to argue with that. Is it sunny where you are today? No not today.  It's over cast. and it's cold...... Brrrr!

2. Tootsie Roll is the world's #1 manufacturer of lollipops, and cherry is their most popular flavor. Do you have a sweet tooth? If yes, what's your favorite sweet treat?  My  favorite treats are salty ones.  

3. According to myth, you'll find a leprechaun's pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. If you suddenly, unexpectedly came into $100,000, what is the first thing you would buy? I would buy Land - Central Coast Farmland. And, I'd let my younger generation of farmers live on it in a Tinyhouse, or two, built just for them.

4. She feels brighter than a lucky penny. Abraham Lincoln was the first person to appear on a U.S. coin, when the 1909 penny was struck in honor of his 100th birthday. Thomas Jefferson is on the nickel, George Washington is on the quarter, and John F. Kennedy is on the half dollar. Without looking, do you know which President is on the dime?  Yes, it's FDR.  

5. Lesley Gore was very popular in the 1960s, with 11 Top Ten hits. Most people don't know that, while she was making records, she was also attending Sarah Lawrence College and graduated with her BA in 1968. What's something most Saturday 9ers would be surprised to know about you?  I have driven a stock car well over a 120 miles and hour.  Pegged it.  Don't tell Mom!

 6. She performed "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" in the movie Ski Party. Do you plan to ski this season?   Alas, I've never skied. I wanted to do it, but never actually got the time to learn it.

The Title of this is: "Just Don't Fall Down"
it comes from THIS webpage

7. This song was written by Marvin Hamlisch, who would go on to win three Oscars, four Grammys, three Emmys, a Tony, and a Pulitzer Prize. That's quite an impressive list! But we believe our Sat 9-ers are impressive, too. So give yourself an award this morning. (For example, Crazy Sam is now Meme Mistress of the Year.)  "The Gadfly On the Mesa" ?  Yes, that suits me.  However, I do not want to have to drink the "Fatal Koka Kola".  It's Nasty Tasting.  

SEEKPNG Site.. 

8. In 1965, when this song was on the charts, I Dream of Jeannie premiered. This supernatural sitcom, about an astronaut who finds a genie on a beach, competed for viewers with Bewitched, which was about an advertising executive who marries a witch. Do you prefer Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie? Gee, let me see... I never knew that about where Jeannie came from.  Hmmm....🤔 Anywhooo, it would be, "I Dream of Jeannie", because I never watched "Bewitched".

9. Random question -- Which would you rather have, tacos or pizza? I like Tacos just a tiny bit better, but I'd like them to be home-made and with a chrispy shell, like we used to make them. Chipotlé makes them, and they are OK, but still not like homemade.  😋  Yumm!

Thanks go out to Sam, The Meme Mistress,  for this fun Meme every week!


Readers.  Want to join in, or see other Saturday 
 Niner's offerings?  Go HERE

15 comments:

  1. Nothing better than home made tacos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is not. True! I've made Tamales with my daughters and Aunts and those are hard to beat as well. Yum!

      Delete
  2. Tacos are so good! I am getting hungry now. Loved your answers!
    Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm answering and visiting blogs today, and I am getting hungry for some tacos, too! Thanks for all the good wishes you leave. I hope today isn't as terrible cold as it was predicted to be in the midwest. brrrr!

      Delete
  3. My #5 had to do with driving, too, but not stock cars! That's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hat is off to you! I can't imagine the demolition Derby! That is AWESONE! Mine was a four time stint of being a wild child and driving my mother's new Stock car Chrysler on a lonely stretch of highway near we lived. Fear of Death in a fiery crash - and of the CHP catching me - put an end to it. But Oh Lord was it fun while it lasted. I liked to go FAST! I'd heard that Chrysler had built a BOMB! They weren't lying.

      Delete
    2. Kim. I tried to leave notes on your excellent blog, but both of them failed. Sorry.. I don't know how to post to it.

      Delete
    3. Weird, I wonder why it wouldn't let you? Yeah, fear of death is a motivating factor to stop. That's why we stopped drag racing... cops became aware!

      Delete
    4. Oh yes, CHPs really frowns on Racing on any highways. I'm not sure I was afraid to die at that age, but I was more afraid of what my mom would do. Grounded for Life, probably! lol
      About the blog thing: I don't know either. I was using the Google browser, too. I'll try again in a few days... Thank you for your comment here.

      Delete
  4. At this stage, I would rather try nordic skiing, but I doubt that will ever happen. Snowshoeing is about all the action I can handle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowshoeing is harder but yes, much safer! There is also cross country. Maybe you could try that? Don't mess up your hands ... we must be able to knit, especially if we are going to need ski sweaters, you know? *winks*

      Delete
  5. I want to hear more about this stock car driving! That is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty tame, since I did it on my own, with no competitors.
      But it's also very thrilling and Cool! I fiound a road that was empty, late at night, and just stayed completely focused on the feel of the car etc. You probably know that stock cars are ones that no one has juiced or modified. They are stock from the factory. Chrysler built AMAZING cars back in the late 50's and early 60's. Steady as a rock and FAST! Soon after that, there was a limit put on cars to keep maniacs from doing these sorts of things, so I feel lucky to have done them, and that I didn't kill myself or hit anything. There would have been deadly consequences for me, whether from dying in a wreck or by my mother killing me. lol

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes, they DO! Delicious! Now for something completly different. I went to read your blog and found out you have twins as well. Ours turned 50 this year. It's fun to raise them but keeps you hopping!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..