"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, July 7, 2023

Saturday Nine: Mercy by Shawn Mendes


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it HERE

1) In this song, Shawn Mendes pleads with the girl he loves to be careful with his heart. Clearly he feels she's more important to him than he is to her. Do you believe that, in every relationship, someone always loves more?  Not always, and sometimes it goes back and forth as we learn to trust our partner with our tender, little heart and soul.  But having listened to this YouTube, it seems like a cat and mouse game that girl is playing.  That's definitely naughty, and not very nice.  Just sayin' 💔😈

2) He says that he'd willingly drive through the night just to be near her. Do you enjoy your time behind the wheel? Or do you consider driving necessary but not necessarily pleasurable?  I loved driving from the get go.  Freeeeeeedommmmm! 

 3) He acknowledges that she has good intentions, but she hurt him anyway. Can you think of a time when you unintentionally hurt someone's feelings?  Yes.  My brother's wife at the time.  She asked us to stay an extra day so that she and my brother could have all the family over to their house for a barbeque but we just couldn't do it.  Hubby had to be at work in the morning, and we were almost 150 miles away from home.  So we really had a long drive, and we really had to leave that evening.  I could see that she was hurt. I wish we could have stayed because I really liked that cute, lil' gal.  But, Alas...

 4) Shawn Mendes was a serious skateboarder during his high school years. Crazy Sam admits she's never even been on a skateboard. How about you? Are you more like Shawn or Sam, or are you somewhere in between?  By the time that skateboards came into my life, I was in no condition to learn to ride them.  They certainly look like fun, though.  I can roller skate very well.  But I'm definitely not a  skateboarder.  

5) While in his teens, he taught himself to play guitar while watching YouTube videos. Do you spend a lot of time on YouTube? If yes, what type of videos do you watch most often?   Not a lot.  But I do watch you tubes, to see if I'll use them for my blog,  so it's likely a music or a "how-to" craft video.  

However, I will play a video of a group I like, while I'm doing something else like knitting or doing other crafts.  I've looked at several guitar lessons on line.  But I will never be able to play guitar again after breaking my shoulder, hand and wrist.  There's a lot of metal in it, so there's no chance for any heavy metal playing. 😉  Maybe the Uke.... *thinks about it*

"Little Flea"

6) When he's traveling or busy working, Shawn eats cold cereal for every meal -- breakfast, lunch and dinner. He says it's fast, tasty, and better than the fast food he'd grab otherwise. Will you be getting any meals "to go" this weekend?  Nope, that's usually mid week, when the Chef is tired or we have a meet up with friends to play an online game.  Pizza Day!  Yumm!

7) In 2016, the year this song was popular, Game of Thrones was TV's hottest show. Were you a fan?  I've never watched it.  Never wanted to. I'm more of a Norse Raider sort of fan.  Hubs and I both have some Norse in our backgrounds.  He has more.

8) Also in 2016, a German shorthaired pointer won Best in Show at the Westminster Dog Show. Tell us about a dog who holds a special place in your heart.  Generally, dogs have been stealing my  heart for decades.  From the first one, who was a tiny, black Cocker Spaniel when I was Three, to Wolfie who was a sweet and wonderful little Shi-Poo we rescued 15 years ago. or so.. I've lost count of the years. But I'll tell you about the one in my late teen years.  

He was a purebred Rough Coated Black and Tan Highland Collie.  He was wonderful, and very smart.  I trained my dogs, and he was the best trained dog I ever had.  I'll never forget any of my dogs but he comes to mind whenever this question arises.  We were practically soul mates.  

I had to leave him behind when my stupid father threw me out of the house.... long story... drunken useless man.... no father in any sense of the word, and never. At least he didn't kill Shadow, which was one of his "talents".  My mother told me that he sold Shadow to a kind family that I liked.  They brought him for a visit one day when I went back to get the rest of my things.  Shadow ran up to me for a very tearful embrace (on my part) but he was crying, too.

9) Random question: What's the subject line of the top email in your spam folder?  That would be this: "New Books Just In - On Sale Today Only" I need to stop getting ebooks because they are already B.A.B.L.E .... sort of like S.A.B.L.E but only for books. 

Ta ta!

Dear Readers, Go HERE for the link-up at Sam's Saturday 9 blog.  


 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, kindly, Bev.
      I am sorry you had to give up the freedom of driving yourself. That time is coming for me as well.

      Delete
  2. #1: This week's artist, Shawn Mendes, could use your wise counsel.
    #8: That was so kind of the neighbor family to allow you and Shadow to reunite, at least for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words about #1 and about Shadow. It was a BIG load off my mind to see Shadow with a family I admired. Like a balm on a wound.

      Delete
  3. #4 Ditto
    #8 That is so sad about Shadow, it had to leave a scar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, we are not Skateboarders. These old bones won't allow it. Thank you on #8, It sure did....

      Delete
  4. I am glad you got to say goodbye to Shadow. Sorry about your mean dad. I had a great dad and I miss him very much. I liked roller skating too. I have osteoporosis, so no bikes, not skates no fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, truly for your words about Shadow. I was so very glad to see that he went to a good place instead of either of the other options.

      I'm so glad you had a great pappa!
      Osteoporosis is not a joke. I'm glad that you can at least go swimming to get your exercise. I would still swim if it were available to me. I'm an ocean swimmer and still would love to do that.

      Delete
  5. What a sad story about Shadow. Mean fathers are pricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so. Mean people are all pricks. And, it's so hard to have to leave your dog behind in the clutches of a monster. The only way to describe their ways...

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..