Working in the Coal Mine (1966)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Lee Dorsey sings that at 5:00 he's already on the job. What were you doing this morning at 5:00 AM?
I was sleeping like a Bebe’. Even the trash truck didn't wake me up.
2) He's worked so hard all week that he's too tired to enjoy his weekend. What are you doing for fun this holiday weekend?
Nothing more fun than the usual. Waking up and doing crossword puzzles with hubster, and maybe trying to get things organized to sell or give away.
3) Lee Dorsey was raised in Portland Oregon, home of the Portland Trailblazers. The NBA season kicks off next month. Do you have a favorite basketball team?
I have no favorite, but Basketball is my favorite sport to watch. When I actually get to watch it. That and soccer are very exciting to watch.
Since planning to get more knitting done, I'll probably watch more sports. It's much more exciting these days with a flat screen. Watching it on the old 19 inch TV was a challenge! But, Diana... we were delighted to get the upgrade at the time! Thank you guys!
4) This song was written by Allen Toussaint, who had a long career as a composer and producer. He produced Fats Domino in the late 1950s and worked with Elvis Costello and Paul McCartney into the new millennium. What job have you held the longest?
I worked throughout my teens as a carpenter. After that I ran a small handmade ceramic (plus) jewelry craft business called "Strawberry Moon".
The name got lifted and it's all over the place now, but I named it that as a tribute to Native Americans who called the June moon, "the strawberry moon".
5) In 1966, the year this song was popular, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey was born. Are you a good cook?
My eldest daughters and Hubby agreed that I was a really good cook. Now I don’t cook at all. I think I’m a very good knitter now. Lol
6) 1966 was the year when more Americans purchased color TVs and black and white sets. When you were a kid, did your family have a black and white TV?
7) Labor Day is a big weekend for mattress sales. Do you plan on buying a new mattress before the year is out? That would be a “no” to the “nope”.
8) Though kids go back to class earlier these days, store aisles are still full of school supplies. When she was a little girl, Sam was crazy about her big box of 96 Crayola Crayons with a sharpener in the back. Share one of your back-to-school memories.
That was SO long ago that I’m afraid all I remember now where the horrors. Lol Like having to wear dresses even when we wanted to climb on the monkey bars and hearing all the boys chanting, "I see London, I see France, I see someone's underpants!"
9) Labor Day weekend is the unofficial beginning of fall. Have you had any pumpkin spice yet? I love Fall. Now I want a big piece of pumpkin pie. See what you started?!?! Shame on you Sam! 😉
It is so HOT here that Fall does not even seem to be coming for at least the whole of September.
I've been trying to get to other people's blogs to read and respond but if I don't figure out how to do it, know that I'm trying!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Working my way through the thicket of the American political scene. I am trying to not put any of that up on this blog EVER again. Meh!