"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thankful Thursdays...

I forget sometimes, because I can't attend Silence Service with any equanimity of mind - this is due to a cranky spine and other stuff - that I find such enormous PEACE in the silence. 

When a Quaker keeps to the Silence it is understood that they are not alone in it.  Even from a prison cell, I could sit in Silence at the appointed hour, and be at One with my Meeting. 

The person standing has felt a leading to speak.  It is amazing that sometimes, and it has happened to me, that the person who has followed the "leading" answers a concern on the mind of another congregant.  It's truly a blessing.

I'm also truly thankful for the new AC, for being within inches of finishing the socks, and still having the inclination to sketch things, however commonplace or mundane they may be.

The word "Listen" takes on new meaning for me this year, in place of a list of resolutions.  It's been a very appropriate and challenging change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..