"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, December 26, 2014

Not very Five Minute Friday

I'm only one of several billion followers of the Dalai Lama's Google+ page.  I hardly ever read ANY of the little notes from anywhere in Google+ but today we have no word for Five Minute Friday.   It left a void.  So, I decided to see what was going on in Notifications.  This little gem from His Holiness came up:

"Once you develop confidence in your own ability, you’ll be able to make a real contribution to creating a better world. Self-confidence is very important. Not in the sense of blind pride, but as a realistic awareness of what you can do. As human beings we can transform ourselves by our good qualities and reducing our faults. Our intelligence enables us to judge what is good from what is harmful."

Since the word I chose for this year's resolution was, "Listen", I'm listening to this guidance.  It was exactly what I was looking for after having a startling set of experiences.  They may have been caused by lack of sleep but, not leaving things like this to chance, I prayed for guidance.  Pretty much, I feel that it's been given.

My new Resolution word will be:  "Breathe", though it should probably be words and they should be, "Pay Attention!"  

I'm still going to be listening, but I'll also try to get more mindful breathing in.  You see, I've been reading a book, again, by Thich Nhat Hanh entitled, Peace is Every Step and trying to lower my "Tension of the Times" sort of Anxiety levels. 



At this point in my life I'm rather Too Christian to trust in Karma to be trustworthily infallible.  So, there's another teensy, little problem.

So, there you have a sort of five minute Friday.  hehe  It IS about Words, so there ya go!  

2 comments:

  1. heeheehee... yes, the Word is, at the Moment: Breathe! I did that today while locked into a noisy, horrid tube of a machine... At least this time they gave me a little mirror to gaze at! It worked!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..