"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, October 30, 2020

This Haunted House


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.  

If you would like to join in or read other blogs, please go here

1) Loretta Lynn wrote this song to help her cope with the sudden death of her friend, Patsy Cline. When they first met, Patsy was already a star and she helped Loretta become established. Did you more recently advise or receive advice?  I both gave and received advice.  It's what happens in the best of times and more frequently in troubled times.  We are in trouble.

2) She sings that Patsy's is the face she sees when she turns out the light. Do you remember who or what you were thinking about when you fell asleep last night?  I was practicing my "think about nothing".. which is a mantra I learned from a Rockhound friend a long, long time ago.

3) Loretta maintains her TN ranch is haunted. She says "the moaning woman" is a harmless apparition, dressed in white. Do you believe in ghosts?  I never used to when I was a kid but once, decades ago, I saw the ghost of a former home owner, several times, in our new house.  After seeing her move things in that house, I believed.  My husband saw the things move, and we didn't have any teenagers in the house, either. Ha!

4) Loretta Lynn's ranch is now open to the public. In addition to horseback riding, fishing and camping, Loretta's ranch features shops that sell locally-sourced jams, jellies and sauces, as well as Loretta Lynn CDs and "Coal Miner's Daughter" glassware and t-shirts. Have you ever brought home an edible souvenir? Or do you prefer to remember your trips with something more lasting, like a coffee mug or t-shirt?  Heck, I'd probably buy all of it. But, on second thought, I'd buy the Coffee mugs, T-shirts and the darn jam, and the CD.. Maybe the glassware.. *thinks about it*...Yes all...  I am after all, the great grand daughter of an Welsh/American Coal miner who settled in "them thar hills". 

5) According to Reader's Digest, The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Have you seen it, and if so, did it scare you?  I've seen it, and didn't think it was scary.  Now, "Pitch Black", that is a very scary movie!!!  😨

6) Which do you find spookier: haunted houses or cemeteries?  Cemeteries, that is IF they are haunted. 

7) What's the most recent Halloween costume you wore?  I wear a witch hat to hand out candy but not a full on costume?  It would be this one. 


8) When you were a kid, did you trade your Halloween candy with siblings or friends?  Not that I remember doing.  We pretty much just went through it and mother then put it away so we wouldn't eat ourselves sick. I think she also had her eye on a few things, too.  lol
 
9) Random question: You meet your very friendly new neighbor. She invites you over for a "get acquainted" cup of coffee tomorrow afternoon and you accept. Then you learn that she was once on trial for an axe murder ... but acquitted. Would you still go over to her house?  Sure, I'd just take my six gun and have my Bowie Knife strapped to my thigh.  I'd bring the attack poodle but he's so old now that he has a hard time finding it around his own house, let alone hers.

 πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


 




8 comments:

  1. What scares us is as personal as what makes us laugh. I was frightened by The Exorcist, but I thought the Sandra Bullock/George Clooney film Gravity much scarier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I practice "think about nothing" often. Or when I'm trying to clear my mind I label the things that pop up either thoughts or emotions and let them flow away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure it's an unwritten, but universal law that we mom's get some of the Halloween loot. My kids knew I got the 100 Grand and Clark Bars...sadly you don't see either very often these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to buy souvenirs. I think it is nice to be able to take home something from your trip. Loved your answers. Happy Halloween!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your picture needs reloading as it didnt show up, wah. Love your answers. Now I want to pull up a chair and hear about how you saw a ghost. You were sensitive enough to see her... why was she trapped? Or if country Dew is right, it's the thin layer between dimensions allowing you to see her back in her lifetime. I betcha ghosts wouldn't want to haunt a cemetery... they'd be where the action happened not where the body lies but the not knowing... see when people say there are no ghosts, there's always someone who's had a personal experience with them... that's the most informative, personal experience
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out the Photo. It had to be dragged up from Google pics. That's probably why. Sorry you couldn't see itt.
      Country Dew is spot on about what we see as ghosts. Sometimes they are in the past and sometimes in the future, because neither really exists in OUR actual stand still time line. And yes, this place IS Hell...you keep coming back until you get it right.

      Delete
  6. Your ghost sounds a bit like a poltergeist, so I understand why you mentioned no teens as they are often the culprits. I have always been interested in such intriguing things. I like that you would go prepared to meet the alleged axe murderess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hated it when my kids got old enough to know how many Snickers they had so I couldn't steal any myself!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..