"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, May 18, 2005


This is the baby shawl I made for my first grandchild. I made this during the 90's. Probably early 90's from my baby book that I'd made all the sweaters and hats from for my daughters. I've thought about fringe for it, but babies seem to eat fringe. I've still not made up my mind about the fringe. No, I'm not a Grandmother yet so it might become a shawl for me in which case I will put a very long knotted fringe on it.

What I meant to say in my answer to Karen's comment was that it is NOT beaded, not that it is now beaded. Sorry for that typo. I am not reading so well tonight!

Also, in close up I realized that the blue logo from the bag under it to prop it up was showing through as a faint almost stain. Lol I have to get better at this.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! The picture kind of looks like there are pearls worked into the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Karen. It's now beaded though. It's just the luster of the baby yarn that I used to make it, I think. You probably recognize the pattern and feather and fan, so the yarn overs make the light hit it at a slight angle and give it little highlights.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..