"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, June 10, 2005

The Search for baby pictures goes on

Darling Vi, I must tell you that after searching through nearly all the pictures and even the ones not in albums, the only tort picture I've come up with is the one of a very small Churchy, the baby tortoise's father. It was taken decades ago, when he was about ten years old.

I think he's supposed to be about 70 now. But, that just isn't possible so someone at Turtle and Tortoise Society has got to be wrong. He must be only about 60 because my sister is five years old in the picture. I will keep looking but now we are down to the slides. Hoooo boy! They could possibly have been scanned and then sent away to various relatives! I can make no more promises about pictures, especially if I know they were taken with a conventional camera. They could be stored in the garage under DH's work bench or even in a box in the pantry. I need to go lie down just thinking about the brainwork necessary to track something like a ten year old photo down.

I've done a few rows on the pink sock and for once I'm feeling not so lost in a lace pattern going round and round! It's really looking very pretty. Karen I hope that you have figured out SSK so that you can tell me what the bloody heck it is!

5 comments:

  1. I will forgive you
    cause the doggie is very cute
    so gimme some baby pictures of the doggie
    vi
    who really feels like a war was fought inside her body today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the term was not in my Reader's Digest "Complete Guide to Needlework" but I found it at Knitopedia

    "ssk: Abbreviation for- slip, slip, knit Slip stitches knitwise one at a time, then slip the left needle through the two stitches and knit both together."

    Hope it helps. I haven't started the socks yet as I am still working on the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen. I know the stitch I just can't work it. I've got a left handed right handed knitting glitch in my left handed brain, so to speak. I knit a combination of left/right since I had to teach myself as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vi, I'm glad you will forgive me, though I doubt whether you will read here again. It's ok. Your style is your style and when you depart from it, you aren't yourself anymore. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say thank you for that lovely link Karen.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..