"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Animal Rights

I am a strong supporter of animal rights. It's in my lifestyle and always in the forefront of my heart. It's something that I don't give an inch on, and also something that I keep abreast of to the best of my ability. I don't mind saying that I support animal rights with my dollars as well, and will always find out before I buy any animal derived product, how the animals are treated and what their lives are like. If I find that those little lives are not respected, the producers don't get my money. This is the only power I have, other than to join organizations that fight for those rights, to cherish all creatures great and small.

If we don't respect all life, and have values that incorporate the good treatment, in all ways, of all sentient beings, then we have failed in our charter with our creator to care for and take care of the earth. This has been part of my mind set from the time I was a child. Though not instilled in me by my parents, who were both raised on small farms, it was something that came naturally to me from my mother's attitudes and own behavior. To all of my animal rights friends in Australia I want you to know I support your efforts to make the changes there that you want to make and as soon as possible. Judith and Chris, Kevin and all the others, I thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..