"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The sock pattern

Karen said she liked the pattern so I answered her in comments but wanted to give credit here, too, for a lovely pattern that is just taking me waaaaay too long to finish. I know I will use the pattern again, but not in dark or any pink. I've begun, of course, to despise the color, but not Susan's lovely Opalicious Lacy Socks HERE

On the home front, we are waiting, under cloudy skies, for the roofer, a day late, to show up as promised for nine am this morning. Yes, he is an hour late. I sure hope that he finds it in his heart to get here.

Last time we remodeled and enlarged the front of the house, it rained on Thanksgiving and we went up in the attic to make a sluice for the leak to run down into the house, out a hole for a light fixture and into a bucket on top of the washing machine. Our poor contractor did come out later that night and stapled plastic over the whole roof, which was just tarpapered at the time, to stop the flood. Ah, the joys of remodeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..