"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Tomorrow... the roof, after the fact

We got a little bit of water into the house, as the roofer and his materials couldn't QUITE get together in the same spot on Tuesday afternoon last week. How I was able to keep my cool and talk to him nicely, on Friday, when he came to "waterproof" our house I'll never know but it did wonders for diplomatic relations between souls I think. I must be mellowing out.

He talked to me "man to man", because I've done roofs myself and told him so. However, I have no idea what a "cricket" is, of which he spoke, but I think it must be where the new hip meets the old ridge. I really enjoyed talking to this fellow, who is one of the oldest working roofers I've laid eyes on. I think he has a good soul. He's a very polite, courtly man actually.

The replacement for the wheel has STILL not arrived. If I don't see it before the end of this week, I'm going to cry with frustration. Will it shrink the wool sock I'm knitting? DH is starting to steam up a little, since he's a wood worker and he wants to get the darn thing finished for me. I guess these things happen to the best of little pieces of wood. We can't just glue it because Louet is sooooo very picky about returning their wheel parts for splits later. This came out of the box thataway! Shocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..