"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, December 3, 2005

Dec 2, 2005 .. 10:01 PM departure from Cerritos CA. YEAH!

Karen, awww thanks. I probably should have used another color for her. hehe. Pink is a favorite of mine, not my daughter's. None of them seem to like pink. I raised them, too! I never forced them to wear pink either. I know people don't like it but I can't ever figure out why. It makes me so happy just to look at it! *cough* Got a tad bit emotional there. Yellow and Pink just grab my eyes and dazzle them.

The replacement for the wheel part will be here right on time Monday, I imagine. Cerritos is not that far away! I will probably actually spin my first yarn sometime mid-month. The nice place I bought it from send 2 pounds with every wheel, lovely confetti like rovings, and the manufacturer sent about a half pound of lovely top. I won't pretend to know what that is. It must come from off the top of the fleece, right? Oh there is a lot to learn about this fleece stuff. A friend from OZ had fifty fleece stacked up in her studio and could hardly bare to pass up another one at a sale. I hope this isn't catching. Like the sock yarn fever from KR. See Button....


The roof did not leak even a little. I think the worst is over. Goodbye to water stress and flood fears!

We host the Christmas party for our group of friends this year, and we must also see if the little fireplace will actually work better now. We have to do a test fire in it or risk smoke and chaos on the night of the party. It was having trouble drafting because the big elms created a wind shadow for it, and presumably were sending downdrafts into the chimney because it was shorter. You probably remember those pictured so well in Nightmare Before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..