"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Untangled and ready for a new life.

If this yarn, in a swatch, felts well it will be grand. My funny DH was rolling a ball and dropped it. Looking up quickly he said in a panicy voice, "Where's the Cat?!" We have no cat.

I'm positive the yarn actually is rug yarn but the smell of the burn test was pretty reeky. The soot tested out to be wool, but the smell stayed with us quite awhile. DH commented that we should turn on a fan before we cooked dinner. My guess is the fleece was from some sort of goat from New Mexico. There are lots of little woody grass like fragments spun up in the yarn. They show up as white spots in it.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Lovely elegant color!
    I didn't know that goats were used for wool! Am always learning something new from your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both colors are just gorgeous. I can't decide which one I like best. I can't wait to see what they'll look like when they're knit up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous color!!! What are you going to make from it?

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..