"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Postcards! And an apology about the yarn piccies I can't get.

First of all the Postcards. Most all the people sending them out are longtime quilters, and you can tell by the very fine machine applique that is going on in these cards. I am going to have to really step up my own efforts! Secondly, I've tried several times in all kinds of light to capture the very subtle colors of the silk yarn. My camera is old and it's just not up to it. When I do see other web sites with luscious close ups I start to fret and make DH's life a little miserable so I've stopped that. Suffice it to say that it's a great camera if conditions are perfect and no close up is required. Otherwise, it's a piece of Patak, Klingon for "you know what". *Angelic Smile*   Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. wow those are incredible - I love the star one especially - maybe because I LOVE stars. Even though I love the sailboat too - can't live on an island and not love sailboats can you -- there must be a law against that I am sure....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Island dwellers absolutely have to love sailboats. Corrrect. ;) I was landlocked til I was 22 and I did nothing but long for the sea. Seas and stars just go together, too. A Marriage of Equals.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..