"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, August 21, 2006

The whole scoop!

AR asked what all that stuff in the Neutrals piccy was, and I've decided to go whole hog here.

Hi AR. I'm glad you asked, really. All the stuff is partly ocean, as in shells and some little pebbles collected at Mariner's Point and at Carlsbad State Beach.

The big gray shiney things are the two halves of a geode that a friend cut for me. The geode was probably formed by very hot water and ash from volcanic actions, but not the ocean, in Utah. Friend picked them up on a rockhounding trip this last winter. There are very pretty little crystals inside. =0) There's also a peewee steelie in there, lol. I have no idea where that little guy came from.

The slab is a piece of Mule Canyon Agate, which is likely a metamorphosed palm root that's been turned into agate by hot water or even percolating cool water. That could have been first made in an inland sea, and then scrunched up a bit by earth movement.

Look HERE and scroll down to 1843 for a recorded first finding of this stuff. Man, do I love Rocks.

And I bet you are sorry you asked. =o)

1 comment:

  1. haha, I'm not sorry. Geodes are so cool. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna go look at the pic more.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..