"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, September 7, 2006

A juvenile with a very big problem

This young California pelican had a very bad problem. Some how the top of his wing tip was bitten off and the forewing bones were broken and exposed. The bones were dry and hanging from some skin. Another lady and I stood guard over him until the angel from Wildlife Rescue came with a Net. The happy ending will be in a few weeks after he is re-habed at SeaWorld. I hope he will see the little red phalarope there that a roofer turned into me one year.   Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Great that found him and that you immediately made the right phone call! Sometimes wild creatures really do need our help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    This young bird's tenacity was amazing. As ill as he seemed I'm pretty sure he will make it with SeaWorld's good avian vets' care.

    It was very good that we had the cell phone, and that two of us, another calm young woman and I, were able to stand there, for the couple of hours it, took to watch over him. People, too many oblivious or not in control, walk their dogs along that side walk all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for helping him out. Please keep us posted on his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lanea, I tried to check at the web page I was given, and see if I can see how he is doing. It's been almost a week but there is no news there.

    Meanwhile, this is the woman who came to rescue the pelican that day. This is a series of pictures of another pelican rescue that was not very far away, just over the mass of Point Loma.

    http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/pelicanrescue

    She's so good at what she does. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..