"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, December 23, 2006

TheHoliday MEME, which I stole somewhere....

I got this from Ali's Blog and if you want to see an adorable little white doggie.. go see!

The Holiday MEME


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog, I can’t have chocolate anymore though it drives me crazy to smell it.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He used to. Now we just have the tree, no presents.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights, and this when we remember where we put them last yearafter taking them down!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, and we used to go to the mountains to get mistletoe but we don’t anymore. Sometimes kids come by selling it and we help them earn their Christmas money by buying it.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but I am really not decorating this year much at all.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Buttery Candied yams.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The absolutely enormous tree my dad brought home when I was 4 years old. He got it for two dollars on Christmas Eve because the man selling trees said that if dad could get it home on his bicycle then he could have it for two bucks. It is still the most beautiful tree I can remember.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? From kids at school when I was in the first grade

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? It was always Christmas Day. Until all my Uncles, Aunties and Cousins came to California, then it was Christmas Eve for one year. We hated it, and went back to the old way.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? Clear glass and things that are handmade by the kids when they were growing up. Colored lights.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread?
Love Snow. We don’t get very much where I live and I love snow because we don't have to drive in it everyday to get on with daily lives.

12. Can you ice skate? Nope but I sure can roller skate.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child? When I was thirteen years old, my mother bought me a full sized tea set of moss rose design. It was so beautiful.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family, on both sides, seeing my daughters, decorating the house with my Hubby, seeing my sister, her DH and our brother.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Home made Pies both Mincemeat and Pecan

16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to look at the Christmas lights, and going out with my sister to snag a Christmas Pin from the local Macy's.

17. What tops your tree? A ceramic angel with a lace dress and feathered wings.

18. What is your favorite holiday book? I haven’t got a favorite book except I do like to read The Gospel of Luke in the Bible. I love the story of the Birth of Christ.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Carol of the Bells".. Here’s a link to the lyrics

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? I love,love peppermint, especially when we are outside in the cold night charging around looking at light displays. I like that cold fresh feeling it gives you when you inhale. Stunning!

4 comments:

  1. Great one! Merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Meme!

    Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all. Very sweet!

    My Christmas (Eve) with DHs family was great and thanks! I think I did bring home a wee bug, and we've been doing battle ever since, though. Where's the RAID???!!!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..