"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, January 19, 2007

Today was a good day for knitting

I re-cast on the ribbing for the glove and this time it's right. I'm glad the teacher I met at the Nursing Home didn't look at that ribbing to closely.

I'm not strictly knitting, as the title implied, but my knitting buddy and her sweet, funny DH came to visit San Diego, and we all met face to face for the first time. We had lunch at a local fish market that is really popular, and then went sightseeing a bit before heading to Torrey Pines trails. It was fun climbing around hillsides in Torrey Pines but even though they were well marked trails I was pretty tired at the end of it. My aches tell me I've spent too much time in front of a computer!

The threatening weather turned fair, with no clouds and lots of sun, even though it was very cold for SoCalians who are sun seeking reptilian types for the most part. It will be a fine day for the Zoo tomorrow and maybe a run down the to the Aircraft Carrier Midway for the guys and a yarn and quilt fabric sprint for Annie and me. I'm taking some small flat plastic with me just in case I find some irrisistable batik for a baby quilt I'm gathering pieces for. As you have been told somewhere recently, I'm sure I told someone, I'm on a yarn diet. Buhahahahahaha! *cough*

Annie brought me two lovely skeins of a lovely and soft blue Chamerino by Debbi Bliss, for making some sweet, cabled, fingerless gloves like ones that she just finished. I noticed that it is that same soft blue of her eyes. She also gifted me a gorgeous blue bowl for my "art" photos, which was made by a pottery artist who is near her home. I was completely bowled by her kind gift. IF you can forgive a pun from an old, out of shape hiker who has had too many double strength tylenol, I'll now wobble off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..