"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Adventures in boat watching etc

Today was so warm that DH and I met one of our friends at Shelter Island for lunch. It was great. The weather was perfect for sitting in the full sun and not being too hot, though I started out in the shade before the fog bank winds started.

I had taken along the Red Trekkers, had my doggie in my lap in a big old chair that has a stuff hole for a drink that is perfect for a 100 gram ball of yarn. A couple of young ladies walking on the prominade spotted us. One of them said, " Now that looks like the perfect life!" I said, "Yes, indeed, it is just that". People are really the best tonic when you are feeling disoriented, or maybe fear rising directionlessness threatening. Lol!

The comments on the Parkfield pictures made me think a lot and so I wanted to answer them here.....

Sarah-Hope, your comment about old tractors and the thresheree you went to reminds me that not too far from Salinas, in King City, is a farming museum. They have a nice little building for the museum, and an old school house they moved there, as well as the first Spreckles home. I'll post a few of pics from there. They have also preserved a train station from one of the small towns around there. I think a thresheree would be so fun to attend. There's a big collection of old tractors and irrigation machinery, too, from the early Salinas Valley days.

Lady Vee, so you love old machinery, too. I especially love the horse drawn things but even now the old Farmalls, too. I'm going to go ahead now and post some pictures of tractors. Heehee. Also, I have changed to your blog address to your new one, too. I loved your old blog, but the new one is a lovely blog, too. :)

Of Troy's comment about Laura Ingalls( oh my bad spelling!) Wilder's daughter made me think of a book that was published after Laura's death. It's about Rocky Ridge Farm, and the journey there from South Dakota. The book is called, On the Way Home. There is another called West From Home that was written later. I really enjoyed both of them. The Rocky Ridge Farm has been preserved and can be visited. Some day I'd love to go there.

Trish, thanks for your nice comment, and you are welcome to use the pictures for inspiration. My pleasure. Anyone else, I'll just have to scratch their eyes out. lol


Now to post some pictures.. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..