"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, March 12, 2007

 


This is a horse drawn road grader. At the time I thought of the road grading that was done by Pa and his team in the Little House on the Prairie series of books by Laura Ingels Wilder. When I read that episode to my DDs I tried to imagine what all of the activity described in the book looked like. Well, here before me was the machine. I will look for the picture of the whole apparatus. Don't you love old machines?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. don't you love old machines? you ask--OH Yes!
    and new ones.
    --did you know that Laura Ingalls Wilder got the chance to publish her autobiographical books because her daughter, Rose Wilder Lane was such a well know editor? (She was among other things the editor of the Woman's Day Book of NeedleCraft!)

    thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose had a very interesting life to, Oftroy. She went to China, was it, when she was in her 80's to write about it for her paper? I can't remember the details but I do remember reading with amazement that she could do something like that in her 80's.

    Thanks for your interesting comment, here. And your welcome, your blog has much good knitting help on it. Yay, Troy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am losing my proper English. And that's a fact.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..